Chapter 46

"Hey it's me again just wondering where you are, just call me back ok," is the 5th voicemail I've left to him

It's going on 11 o'clock and still no word from him. "Hey I'm starting to get really worried here can you please just call me." I push the tears that threaten to fall away and continue to watch the clock.

It's 9:30 when I hear a noise come from my front lawn. "Hello," I waste no time in swinging the front door open and adjusting my eyes to the darkness.

"Hey baby what's good," there he is, the street light illuminating his strong face and he drowsy deep brown eyes. "Are you drunk," I make my way over to his limp body and am able to catch him before he hits the hard ground.

"Whattt no," I throw his arm over my shoulder and take on his weight. I have to brace myself to make sure I don't topple over.

"Ok maybe one drink," I slowly take us towards my porch as his feet continue dragging the grass below us. "Anyone ever tell you, you smell like a fresh summer day."

"Ok you gotta work with me here." I breathe out trying to heave his giant body up the porch steps. "Oh baby we can work all night long," I try not to say anything about his slurring of words, but I can't help but think about how this is was once me helping my mom.

"Ok I'm going to make you some coffee and some toast," I seat Ryan down on the coach and slip his cleats off. Something must have happened to him since he hadn't changed out of his uniform.

"You make me the happiest I have ever been baby, please don't leave me." He pulls me onto his lap before I can walk away. "What is going on baby," he places both hands on my face and I place mine on top of his. "He did it again, and I had to see it again."

"See what, did what?" There are so many questions that he has yet to explain to me. "The man who I used to call dad, cheated on my mom again," I can't even begin to imagine the kind of hurt that he must be feeling.

"Ryan I'm so sorry," I pull him to me, wrapping my arms around his neck and feel his light sobs hit my chest. "Come on let's get you to bed ok," I lift his head to look at me and see the tears brimming his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes.

"I climb off his lap and take his hand in mine. "Come on baby," I pull him down the hallway towards my room and switch my lights on. "Here lay down and I'll try and find you some clothes okay," without question, he falls to the bed.

I pull out one of his shirts from my closet and walk back over towards him. "Here," I hand him the shirt as he slowly sits up from the bed. "You truly are the most perfect woman for me Mallory,"

He lifts up his arms for me to take his shirt off. I smile as I gladly remove his shirt from his body. Before the shirt is even off of him, I'm pulled down to his bare chest. "We can't do this now," I place my hands on either side of him holding myself up to look at him.