Awake

Gibb's POV

"Gibbs, I have something. I did what you asked me, I checked and rechecked and checked again. First, her test is back on whether she has Chimerism and it came back negative. I can't explain why she has two sets of DNA. Secondly, I didn't find anything else on the identity of our mystery ghost assassin, but while I was testing her clothes I got the idea to check her shoes again. I scraped out the dirt, what little there was, and checked the origin and I got a match. The dirt on her shoes wasn't from any of the dirt composites around the compound you found her in, in Belize. It's of a similar type of dirt that can only be found in the shores of Caracas, Venezuela," Abby starts and continues as I walk into the lab.

"Is that it?"

"So far you would think, but no. Along with the dirt that I found I also found some other composites. But this is the tricky part, none of her clothes contain any evidence of the dirt, like none. Just her shoes, I would say that if she had any of that dirt in her shoes, she would also have it all over her clothes. Because the other composites of dirt, it's sticky. Not sticky like sticky of honey or glue, but sticky as that it sticks to your clothes. Look its all over my shirt I can't get it off, and if she was there like it is on her shoes she'd have it all over her clothes. Either she was given new clothes to change into or she took someone else's shoes, and either of those seems odd even for someone with no identity and whose targeted for death."

I begin to think how our ghost is now connected to Venezuela.

"So you're telling me that this girl was in Venezuela just before being captured in Belize? Can you possibly tell me how long before?"

"As far as I can tell, I can only tell you that she wasn't there for very long since there's so little of it present. But the fact that there is still some of this sticky stuff, I'd say it wasn't more than a week or two."

My phone rings and I answer.

"Yeah."

"She's awake, Boss," Tony says.

"Alright, I'll be there shortly." Hanging up I walk out of the lab and head back upstairs.

Walking through the bullpen I head for my desk and pull open a drawer. Grabbing my gun and badge, I close the drawer.

"Gibbs I think I might know why our ghost was in Belize," McGee says. I stop and turn to look at him.

"I went back over the footage from the security cameras on the compound, our ghost is brought in at 2:56 in the afternoon. Then three trucks drive in at 3:26 and head over to a bunker on the side of the compound. After isolating this camera, I was able to find that there's crates in the back of the trucks."

"Weapons and drugs, where is this going McGee?"

"That's what we thought, but there were no drugs found and their stockpile of weapons were found somewhere else. But fifteen minutes before we get to the compound our ghost has escaped her captives and has more than likely begun to shoot the place up. She runs out of this building here and runs into the bunker. She stays in there for about three minutes and then heads back into the building. Now whatever is in those crates may possibly be the reason why she was there."

"Good work McGee, keep looking for any links or information to our ghost's identity and find out what was in those crates!" I say as I head to the elevator.

Ziva's POV

"I guess she's awake," I say as I look to McGee.

Erin's POV

A stinging smell enters my nose and forces me awake. Bright overhead lights are shining in my eyes and I squint. Looking down, I see a hospital gown around my body. As I try to sit up a pulling sensation starts and I wince at the pain and grab my side tightly. Breathing in through my nose raggedly, I look through the neckline of the gown to see a large, white gauze that is bleeding through a bit. I also notice that my left hand is handcuffed to the bed.

"Well, shit," I say. A noise from the left catches my attention. There's a following sound of a toilet flushing and a sink running, I sit and wait to see if the person is a threat or not. The door opens and my hand rests on the edge of the blanket as Tony walks out.

He looks at me stunned to see that I'm awake, not a moment more and he's moving towards me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm fine. Injured, but fine."

"Any pain?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say. He nods and begins to back away, heading towards the other door to the right.

"I'll go get a doctor." He leaves the room and returns a few minutes later with a woman in a white coat.