The Rescue

Erin's POV

    "Is that all?" Ivann asks. I close my eyes and lower my head.

    "Well, that was very touching. Perhaps we should get on with this final act of courtesy, say goodbye," he says and I feel him aim. My eyes flash open and I jab my arm out and hit him in the groin. He groans and doubles over slightly, just enough for me to reach up and twist the gun in his hand towards Timofei and pull the trigger. I hit Ivann across the face quickly as I twist his arm again and aim towards the door and shoot the man there. Breaking the gun out of Ivann's hand, I whip around and shoot at Grigori. There's a commotion outside and hurried footsteps rush forward. Three more men come running in and I shoot each of them in the head. When no one else enters, I turn back to Ivann who's laying on the ground, his hand holding his other wrist. He sits up and spits on the ground, blood on his lips and the concrete.

    He laughs.

    "You haven't changed a bit," he says.

    "Neither have you, I guess you've still underestimated me," I say. He looks up at me dryly.

    "Kill me then. You tried once and failed. Now you have your chance," he says.

    "What'll happen to the ones I love if I do? Will they be murdered?" I ask.

    "No one is safe in this world, you should know that," he says.

    "Where are we?" I ask. He says nothing.

    Without hesitation, I aim at his leg and shoot. He yells out in pain, curses in Russian echoing around me.

    "Where are we?" I ask again.

Tony's POV

    He calls off an address and we hurry out of the room.

    "I want to know what's happening while we're in route!" Gibbs shouts as we move out.

    Gibbs pulls the SUV to a skidding halt and pulls his weapon. Ziva and I do as well as Gibbs lifts his cell. A couple other SUV's pull in behind us and two ambulance's do as well.

    "Any movement?" He asks.

    "Nothing new, Erin's leaning by the doorway still aiming her weapon at Novikov," McGee says.

    "Be ready to move in when we radio," Gibbs calls to the other agents and to the EMTs.

    Gibbs nods to us and we move towards the door of the warehouse. Pulling the door open, Ziva heads in and Gibbs follows her. Covering the rear, I enter last and look around as Ziva heads towards the left where the building opens up and Gibbs moves towards the right, looking for any more men with Novikov.

    "Should we call out for her?" Ziva asks. I shake my head as Gibbs looks towards us and then around at the warehouse.

    "E!" Gibbs shouts and I perk my ears up as his voice echoes.

    "She's looking," McGee says over the phone.

    "Gibbs!" We hear her voice and I instantly rush in the direction it comes from, Ziva and Gibbs's footsteps echoing behind me.

    "Erin!" I shout.