Reunited

Three Days Later

    "Gibbs, I'm more than capable of getting into a car," I say as Gibbs hovers over me.

    "Erin, you heard the doctor," he says.

    "Since when do you listen to doctors?" I ask with a raised brow. He smiles.

    "I don't listen to lawyers," he says and I scoff as I push myself out of the wheel chair and towards the car. I groan as my body aches from the change of position and fumble with my arms to balance myself.

    "Here," he says and grabs my arm, positioning me so that I may enter the car at a better angle and into a sitting position of the front seat. "There, was that so hard?" He asks and I shrug a shoulder before wincing as it reverberates back to my ribs.

    "Good thing you got some pain meds," he says and I nod as he closes the door and bids farewell to the nurse and climbs into the driver's seat.

    "So, I guess I'm still stuck living with you, huh?" I ask after a few minutes pass. Gibbs glances at me.

    "No, you're free to move." I raise my brows. "When you're healed," he adds and I sigh.

    "From all wounds or just the physical ones?" I ask and he takes another side glance.

    "I'd like to say all, but you'd fight me if you had to stay one more day after your wounds are healed up. It shouldn't be long. The fractures and your ribs are what's going to take a while."

    "Yeah, but some of these burns are pretty bad," I say as I look at my covered arm.

    "They'll heal, they always do," he says and I nod as I glance out the windshield.

"Why the sudden release on the reigns?" I ask.

Gibbs turns and looks at me and he has this look. A look that says he has a plan, but he's not going to tell me about it yet. I sigh and look back out the window.

    "Gibbs, this isn't the way to your house."

    "I know, we're going by Ducky's first. Everyone wanted to see you," he says and I smile.

    "I look terrible," I say and he laughs.

    "You've looked worse," he replies and I scoff, hitting him lightly on the arm as he continues to laugh and we head for Ducky's.

    Ten minutes later we pull into the driveway and I let out a sigh of relief as Gibbs shuts the car off and gets out. With his help, I get out of my seat and out of the car. My boot makes a 'clunk' noise as I take a step onto the stone driveway.

    "You know this is what I really can't wait to get off," I say, pointing to the black boot support for my ankle.

    "Just five weeks," he says and I groan.

    "Come on, let's get you inside so you can sit down," he says and I nod as I'm already tired.

    With the ringing of the doorbell, it's not long before the door opens and Ducky is smiling up a storm from the sight of me.

    "Erin, my dear. It's so good to see you alive and well under the circumstances," he says and I smile.

    "It's good to see you too Ducky," I say. "Hey, I promise I'll get you that twenty dollars," I add and he laughs, shaking his head.

    "Nonsense, you can keep it."

    I smile and enter his home, Gibbs close behind.

    "We're all so glad to see you, especially Abigail," Ducky says as he closes the door and I smile.

    "Anyone warn her not to jump me?" I ask and Gibbs nods.

    "Come, we're all in the parlor," Ducky says, taking my hand and wrapping my free arm around his.

    "Everyone, our beloved Erin is back with us," Ducky answers into the room and everyone turns, their faces breaking out into large grins.

    "Erin!" My name is yelled and I laugh lightly at their excitement.

    "Here, you need to sit," Tony offers his seat and I nod with a smile of thanks as Ducky leads me to the seat.

    "It's so good to see you," Abby says and I smile.

    "It's great to see all of you," I say.

    "Well, why don't you all talk and I'll make sure lunch is cooking smoothly," Ducky replies as he leaves the room.

    "How are you feeling?" Ziva asks.

    "Sore and in pain in some areas. Mostly I'm just tired," I reply and she nods. Tony takes a seat next to me on the couch and takes my hand. I squeeze it and he reciprocates.

    "So, how long before you can go back to work?" Tim asks. I look up to the Director.

    "Four weeks and you can come back and do desk work, after that it'll be at least two weeks before you're in the field, an okay from your doctor and you'll need to do counseling. It's all procedure," she answers and I nod as I catch the shocked looks of everyone around me. Although I recognize that they are not so shocked about the counseling, as Gibbs had told me they all had to do it after my 'death.'

    "So, you still staying with Gibbs?" Abby asks and I nod.

    "Yeah, that also seems to be procedure," I reply while looking up at Gibbs and he smiles.

    "Lunch is ready, if you'd all like to make your way to the dining room?" Ducky calls as he reenters the room. Everyone nods and stands, Tony stands next to me and offers his hand to me and I take it. With his help, I'm up and standing and slowly moving across the room. Everyone is already almost out of the room when Tony stops and I look up at him.

    "What's wrong?" I ask. He looks down at me with a smile and shakes his head.

    "Nothing, I was—I was just wondering if after you've healed if you'd like to move in with me?" He asks. My jaw drops a little and I stare at him in surprise.

    "Tony—," I start.

    "I know it's soon and I understand if you don't want to, but I love you Erin. I'm not going to deny that and I know you still do too. It's just an idea, you don't have to answer now. I just wanted to tell you, I already asked Gibbs and he said it could be good for you if you did. Actually he said he thought it'd be good for us, at least that's what he said in his Gibbs way," he answers.

    "Tony, I'd like that. Really," I say and he turns to me. I smile up at him and he returns it. "You think you can deal with me 24/7?" I ask and he chuckles.

    "I think I can manage."