Desk Duty

Two Weeks Later

"Ugh, come on," I groan as I watch the television. "She can't just leave, they love each other," I say as I watch Whitney Houston hug Kevin Costner.

A few tears escape my eyes as she climbs into the plane and he waves goodbye.

"Say goodbye the right way," I say as I continue to watch the film. A small smile breaks on my lips as she tells the pilot to stop and she runs out of the plane.

I hear the front door open and Gibbs calls out.

"In here," I call out as I sweep my hand across my cheeks to wipe the tears away.

"Have you been watching romance movies again?" He asks. I glance away from the television and look at him before looking back at the screen to watch the transition from Rachel singing to the presidential dinner with Frank at the back.

"There's not much else to do when you're locked in a vacancy," I smile to him and he shakes his head.

"How many times did you watch that one today?" He asks.

"Twice," I say. He shakes his head again and turns.

"What do you want for dinner?" He asks.

"I was thinking maybe we can order in. Maybe give you a break from cooking for me," I say.

"Who said I was cooking for you?" He calls out and I chuckle.

"So, Chinese?" I offer.

"I'll get the phone. Egg foo young and moo shu shrimp good for you?"

"Yeah. Hey, could you get some egg rolls too and don't forget the chicken lo mein."

"How much do you plan on eating?"

I look to the doorway where he's standing with a curious face.

"What? I'm hungry," I say and he nods.

"Obviously." He turns and heads for the phone.

Two Weeks Later

"You sure you're ready?" Gibbs asks me.

"Gibbs, if I have to sit one more day in your house doing nothing but watching TV I'm going to hurt someone," I say. He laughs and nods.

"Alright, if you're sure. You know it's going to be at least another two weeks before you can head out and work on cases."

"I know, but I have to do something," I say and he nods.

"You know I never knew it'd be so difficult to find clothes to wear because of my injuries," I say.

He looks down at my boot and my sneaker. Then to my clothes of a button down and jeans.

"We're getting that off later this week, right?" I nod.

"That is the plan, along with a few new X-rays to see how my ribs and wrist are doing."

"It still hurts doesn't it?"

"Everything hurts Gibbs, it's supposed to before getting better."

"Not sure your doctor would say that," he says. I just smile in return.

"Come on, we'll be late for work."

I wobble towards the door and he follows me. Once to the car, he helps me in and gets in on his side. Backing out of the driveway we head for the office.

"You're finally back!" Abby shouts and I smile as she hurries over and hugs me lightly.

"Good to see you Abby," I say and she grins.