Novikov

Erin's POV

    As I drive, my mouth becomes dry and my hands tighten, going deathly white around the steering wheel. Less than ten minutes away my phone rings, I pick it up without looking.

    "Hello?" I ask.

    "Your nations capitol is very beautiful, lots of wonderful people. All so kind, full of hope. Hello," his thick voice says and I know he's speaking to another person.

    "Whatever it is you want, I'll get it," I say.

    "My love, I don't want money or secrets of your country, I just want to see you," he says. I grit my teeth as I know there's more to that request.

    "Are you coming alone?" He asks.

    "Yes," I say as I can see the Capitol getting closer.

    "Good, I'll meet you in the Rotunda of this fine building," he says and the line goes dead.

McGee's POV

    "Got it, Boss," I say and he comes over to my desk.

    "What is it?" He asks.

    "The call she got was from an unknown number, it's here in D.C., but I can't triangulate where the call originally came from."

    "Hey, Gibbs," Tony says and we look over to see him looking in Erin's desk drawer.

    "She took her gun, but left this," he says as he holds up Erin's badge.

    "McGee, search if an Ivann Novikov, has entered the US in the last two months," Gibbs says.

    I nod and quickly search as he heads up to the director's office.

Gibbs's POV

    "Is she in there?" I ask Cynthia and she nods but stands to stop me. I keep walking and head in to Jenny's office.

    "He's here," I say. Jenny looks up from her desk.

    "Who's here?"

    "Ivann Novikov, the Russian Mafia Boss that Erin tried to kill three years ago. He's here Jen, he's been in contact with her and she hasn't told me," I say.

    "How do you know he's here?" She asks.

    "For the last two months she's been acting like someone's been following her, always checking her six and acting like she's not. I think he first called her that night before she was almost an hour late to work. She was acting strange," I say.

    "Could it just be a sort of PTSD? She was on the run for six years, she's had to do a lot. Change identities multiple times, move several times, she could just be—,"

    "No, not Erin. She's never let her job get in the way like this," I say. Jenny raises an eyebrow and stands.

    "If I'm not mistaken she has let her job get in the way, what do you call the stint that was pulled just a few months ago? Her job as a mercenary was getting in the way of our job of finding the man guilty of killing Captain Nichols and Petty Officer Montgomery. Perhaps it was wrong of me to allow her back so easily." She says.

    McGee hurries in. "Boss, he's here. Ivann Novikov flew into Reagan National Airport three months ago, he's under the alias of Alexei Yakovlev, he was admitted through INTERPOL with diplomatic immunity," he says.

    "Do you remember what Vitsin said? Members of INTERPOL work for Novikov, Kedrov was here to see if the ambush in our morgue was successful in killing Erin AKA Matrona Tvardovsky," I say.

    "So what do expect me to do?" Jenny asks.

    "I don't know, but right now Erin's out there about to meet this guy and she has her gun but not her badge," I say. Her shoulders stiffen in alarm as she returns to her desk.

    "I want you to find her Gibbs, I'll deal with Novikov. Meanwhile, McGee I want you looking to see if there's any contact from Novikov to Erin. Her phone, email, everything," she says as she grabs her phone and starts dialing someone. McGee and I leave the office, out to search once more for Erin.