Calling A Bluff

Two Days Later, Gibbs' POV

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Erin says as she gets herself situated on the gurney table.

"If we can get proof that this was set up, it'll all be over soon," I reply to her as she lays down.

"How long do I have to lay in here?" She asks.

"At least an hour, just enough for your body temperature to lower and help drain some of the color from your face. Mr. Palmer has done an excellent job with applying some paint and other makeup to help," Ducky replies and she nods.

"This has to be one of the most insane ploys we've ever done, hell that I've done at all," she says as she lays down and readjusts the sheet. Ducky assists and tucks it around her shoulder so it doesn't come loose to show the hidden mic.

"You really think he's going to say anything to give himself away?" Palmer says.

"Well, if our research and everything is accurate, it looks like SecDef was the one sending out the contracts and providing them to Claxton and the VP was just kind of just greedy and wanted to fuel his political career," DiNozzo says as he enters autopsy.

"Wow, you look great as an extra for Night of the Living Dead," he says as he gets near us.

"Thanks Tony," Erin replies flatly.

"Um, SecDef is on the grounds, he's parking," DiNozzo says to me and I nod.

"Well, let's get this show going," Erin replies and she nods as we slide the gurney table into the locker and shut the door.

"You think this will really work?" DiNozzo asks.

"It has to," I reply as we head for the exit.

Tony's POV

Gibbs and I come around and enter the bullpens as the elevators open and the SecDef walks out with his aid. He looks over to us and enters the bullpen.

"Agent Gibbs, I hear you have a lead on who murdered Agent Carter," he says and glances to me.

"We have Sir, if you'll just follow Agent DiNozzo and I, I believe the Director has helped set up a demonstration of the evidence we've gathered for our investigation," Gibbs replies. SecDef nods and spares a look at his aid.

"I look forward to hearing the news so we can bring this individual to justice for what they have done," he says.

"This way," I reply and turn.

Opening the door I smile as the SecDef and his aid walk into the room. He stops short a bit as he enters and lifts his arms in disbelief.

"This is an interrogation room," he says as he turns around.

I nod. "Apologies, the conference room is currently being remodeled," I reply as I close the door, Gibbs making his way to the table near the files that are sitting atop it.

"Well, why couldn't we go to the Director's office?"

"Renovations, there was a large crack in the window and they are replacing it. The Director hasn't been able to go in there all day. Other conference room is currently being used by Dr. Mallard for an in house study with a class from Georgetown. This was all we had unfortunately," I say to SecDef as he is still standing. He looks to his aid and sighs before sitting down at the table across from Gibbs, his aid sitting next to him.

"So where is the Director?" SecDef asks.

"Oh she'll be down in a moment, I believe she was on a call with the President a while ago," I reply. "I don't think she'll mind if we start with the presentation or anything, right?" I ask as I look over to Gibbs and he shakes his head.