Home

Erin's POV

Tony unlocks the door and I enter slowly with him at my side. He flips the light on and I glance around his apartment.

"Let's get you cleaned up," Tony says softly after closing the door and locking it. I look up at him and nod.

"Come on," he leads towards his bedroom and opens the door and I stop just short of the doorway.

"You got a new bed," I say and look towards him.

He looks towards me with a smile.

"Yeah, I was advised to get a larger one. Maybe I'd get to create some new memories or something of the like," he says and I smirk, a blush coming up my neck and tinting my cheeks.

"Smart idea," I say as I look back at him and now it's his time to smirk.

"Come on, I'll get the shower ready for you. Unless you'd like a bath," he offers and I shake my head.

"The shower is fine, I don't like taking baths alone," I say and a look of remembrance crosses his face as he rolls his lips and smiles before walking into the bathroom.

I stand and look around the room as I hadn't really done so the last time I was here and on the shelves to the left I see picture frames. Moving closer I find that there are various photos of himself when he was younger with his mother and then a few to the side that are of him and I. Years ago from when we first started dating, a photo of my birthday at Ducky's and the same photo that I have on my desk at work. There's one other photo to the side and I reach for it and smile a little, its a candid photo of myself laying on Tony's couch wearing one of his knit sweaters without pants and reading a book.

"The shower is ready for you. I know the showers at work can only do so much," Tony says as he comes out of the bathroom. I replace the photo back to the shelf and turn to him with a smile.

"Thank you," I say and he nods.

"Of course, go ahead and set your clothes to the side. I'll give you some of mine to borrow and get your clothes in the wash."

I nod and step towards him. Leaning up, I kiss him gently on the lips and begin to step back to move towards the bathroom before Tony reaches for me and wraps his arms around me and pulls me to him. We embrace into a deep kiss that reminds me of James Stewart and Grace Kelley's kiss in Rear Window. Passion pours between us before we eventually pull away to breathe. Deep heavy breaths are shared between us and I look up at Tony with bright eyes.

"Well," I start but no other words come out of my mouth and Tony smiles.

"Take your shower, I'll be waiting for you when you're done," he says and I nod.

Exiting the bathroom in a towel, I smile as I see the clothes Tony laid out on the bed. A weathered and well worn Ohio State t-shirt and some sweatpants, the exact pair of clothes that I used to wear years ago almost religiously. Getting dressed I can faintly smell food, running a hand through my hair to attempt to get the tangles out I exit the bedroom. The TV is on and sitting on the start menu for the Marx Brothers A Night at the Opera. I smile and head towards the kitchen to see Tony opening Chinese take out boxes.

"Hey," I say and he looks up at me and his eyes light up and he smiles.

"Hey, I ordered your favorite. Chinese chicken with garlic sauce, egg drop soup and some egg rolls and oh, fried shrimp toast," he says and I smile wider as I join him at the island and look at the food.

"Thank you," I say softly and look up at him and he nods. Turning slowly he reaches for me and I step into his arms between his legs as he leans against the island.

"How are you doing?" He asks and I know he means about everything.

"Good, happy everything is over. Sad to learn how everything happened," I stare down at his chest and consider my next words, "But I feel like I can finally breathe and for once I feel safe and don't feel like I have to look over my shoulder constantly," I say and look back into his eyes. He nods, reaching a hand up to my cheek and I lean into his palm.

"I'll always look out for you, I'll always be watching your six. I'll say this as well, I'm glad you're home."

I smile and kiss the inside of his palm before reaching up and wrapping my hand around the back of his neck and leaning up to kiss him once more. He holds either side of my face with his hands as we kiss, pulling away he holds me close and kisses my forehead and holds me in his arms for a few moments.

He lets out a heavy breath and I feel him shudder a little and I understand what it means to him to have me standing here with him. It's the same for me.

He clears his throat a little and lets me go gently.

"Okay, let's eat. I have your favorite movie waiting and I'm starving," he says softly and I look to see that his eyes are glassy but gleaming with happiness. I nod and grab some of the takeout boxes and the chopsticks as I return back to the living room and settle on the couch. Tony reaches for the remote and selects play and I smile as the opening credits start. Tony gets the takeout boxes in order and hands me the Chinese chicken. Tucking my feet underneath me, I smile and back as we begin to eat and watch the movie.