Connections

Two Days Later, Gibbs' POV

    "Go over it again, where are our Ghosts right now?" I ask.

    "Watson is upstairs in the conference room, Daniels is on the way in with Ziva. Attah is confirmed to be in Kabul, she's scheduled to be on a flight back into Regan Airport this evening with an escort. O'Connor is in Iraq doing another tour, he is being held at his base by his commanding officer and MP's until he can be flown back. I had Anderson go and pick up Deandra Fuller from her home to be brought in for questioning, Drehten is currently being brought in by Tony and Hollen is already in interrogation. The Director has contacted Matilda Whitaker's husband, Senator Mark Warson and he is on his way down from New York," Tim rattles off and I nod. The sound of the elevator makes me turn and Ziva walks off with Michael Daniels in tow.

    "Lieutenant Commander," I say as he walks into the bullpen.

    "You must be Gibbs," he says.

    "I am."

    Daniels looks around before looking back to me.

    "So, you found us. Tell me are you going to arrest us for things that can't be proven?"

    I shake my head and smile.

    "No, you're not being arrested. Just brought in for some questioning. As far as I'm concerned you're a hero to our country," I reply and he stares back at me.

    "I know there are things that haunt you, some things that will stick with you and some that you won't ever lose sleep over," I offer a hand out to him ",besides there are more things to look forward to. Lucky for us the bluebirds are migrating early," I say. His right eye has a small twitch and he nods, reaching out for my hand.

    "I heard it was Red-Bellied Woodpecker," he replies

    "It's an odd season I guess," I say and he nods once more.

    "I guess so."

    "If you'd please follow Agent David here to one of our conference rooms, we'll be with you shortly," I say and he nods as he looks over to Ziva. She nods and smiles, motioning towards the walkway to the stairs. Daniels looks back at me before he follows.

    "I hope he got your message," Tim says and I nod, looking after them as they walk.

    "He got it," I say.

    After some time all the Ghosts are in the building and in their respective areas and I look at the others.

    "So where do we start?" Tim asks.

    "With Daniels then Watson, Ziva I want you to talk with Deandra Fuller. She has the most to lose right now if she does't talk. Tony talk with Drehten, see what you can get out of him. They know why they're here, they just need to find out how much we know before they talk," I say as I head up to the conference room where Daniels is located Tim right behind me.

    "Do you think they'll really talk? I mean they don't exist in the eyes of the government, at least not as who they were," Tim says.

    "Depending on when they got out of the program, as SecDef said, the program was scrapped 6 months after Erin joined. That was sometime in 2000, that means for six years they were military personnel working for hire to kill and murder around the globe. That makes them international serial killers, meaning they could be extradited to serve time for their crimes," I say and Tim nods.

    Entering the room, Daniels looks up from the cup of coffee in his hands.

    "About time, I thought you'd forgotten I was here. Especially since I'm here on my free will," he says and I nod as I take a seat across from him.