Torture

Three Days Later

    "Do we have anything substantial?" I ask, looking around the bull pen.

    "We have two CDs with video of Erin and an envelope addressed to Tony with photos," McGee answers.

    "The finger also to Tony with the engagement ring," Ziva answers.

    "But it wasn't hers, the finger belonged to a Maureen Lyle, she died a week ago from lupus," Tony says, not acknowledging the other half of Ziva's comment.

    "Then there's the tongue," McGee adds.

    "Also not Erin's, DNA matched it to a Sarah Wright who also died about a week ago," Tony adds.

    "Surveillance from the time of the package deliveries only gives a partial shot of the man who dropped them off. He never takes the elevator, only the stairs, no fingerprints or fibers left behind."

    "What is the purpose of sending us body parts that do not belong to Erin?" Ziva asks.

    "To torture us," I reply. Tony looks up from his desk.

    "We've contacted Sergei, he has had no contact with his father since he was a child. He's said that Novikov had tried, but he always refused. Background and surveillance confirms. He didn't help Novikov into coming into the country," Tony says.

    "So where does that leave us?" I ask.

    They look around at each other.

    "No where until there is another package," Ziva answers.

    "It's been three days. What makes you think they'll send one now?" Tony asks desperately.

    "They have to, otherwise there's nothing entertaining them," I say.