Sinatra and Pancakes

Erin's POV

I wake up to sunlight pouring in through the blinds. From the angle it looks like it's about seven in the morning. Blinking, I stare at the curtains as last night reruns to my thoughts.

"It was just a dream," I whisper. My throat feels hoarse.

Sitting up, I glance around the room and find that there is no threat and that the bedroom door is open a few inches.

I release a sigh as I wipe my face and wince as my side hurts. I risk a touch to my ribs and they feel sore. I must have hit my arm or elbow against them during my dream.

Pushing the pain aside, I toss the blankets back and stand. My feet wobble a little but I grasp the edge of the bed and stable my footing. Once I'm sure I'm good to walk, I take slow steps towards the door.

I smell bacon as I leave the room and make my way for the stairs.

"Gibbs?" I call out, my voice cracks and I clear my throat. There's no answer as I make my way down.

"Gibbs?" I call out once more, my voice is a little louder now. I hear a bang in the kitchen and then singing.

"All of me / Why not take all of me / Can't you see / I'm no good without you / Take my lips / I want to lose them / Take my arms / I'll never use them."

"Sinatra? That means," I start to say as I enter the kitchen. At the stove Tony is holding a spatula in one hand and flipping a pancake in the pan.

"Tony?" I ask. He stops singing and looks over to me.

"Morning," he says with a smile.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work? Where's Gibbs?" I ask.

"He's at the office, I have the day off, and I'm making you breakfast," he says. I scrunch my brows together as he turns back to the pancakes.

"You're here to babysit me because I had a nightmare last night aren't you?" I ask.

He says nothing and continues to cook.

"I'm not a child. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself," I say. He shuts the burner off and puts the spatula down, turning to me.

"I know you're not a child Erin. We all know that, but we're worried about you. Okay? You've come and gone out of our lives too many times than we'd like. We've almost lost you too many times than we'd like. There was a time where we thought we did. You mean the world to us Erin, when you're hurting we're hurting. We're a family, we help each other when one is hurt," he says.

"I don't need help," I argue and I know as the words leave my mouth that it's a lie. Tony stares at me. He walks over to me and stands a foot in front of me.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want us to help," he says. I stare into his eyes and a lump forms in my throat. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Instead my eyes begin to tear up and I break eye contact as one slips down my cheek. I hear him release a sigh and feel his arms wrap around me as he pulls me into his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso as I turn my face into his chest and cry softly.

"We just want to help you and I would've come even if I didn't have the day off because I want to make sure you're okay. I want to keep you safe," he says. I feel him kiss my temple.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"You were forgiven a long time ago," he says with a light chuckle. I smile and pull away, wiping at my cheeks.

He lifts my chin and forces me to look at him.

"We're going to figure it all out," he says and wipes my tears away.

I nod.

"You know I've never seen you cry," he says.

"Oh, I know I probably look horrible," I say as I brush some hair out of my face. He shakes his head.

"No, you're still beautiful."

I stare into his eyes and we hold each other's gaze for a few moments before we slowly lean towards each other. My eyes flutter and close as I feel Tony's warm breath against my mouth.

"We don't have to do this," he whispers. I stop and open my eyes. His face is mere centimeters away and his eyes are open, staring deeply into mine.

"I know," I whisper back before leaning forward the last bit of distance and making contact with his lips. My eyes shut and I place my hands on his shoulders. Within seconds his arms are wrapped around me, clutching me closer to him. Our bodies flush together as we finally kiss for the first time in six years.

There is passion and anger and sadness within the kiss. But beyond all that there is complete and unwavering love.