Dessert and Zombies

"So what kind of dessert do you want?" Tony asks once he got his laughter under control. I can't answer as I keep giggling.

    "Erin, come on what do you want?" He smiles. A glint in his eyes as he looks up, his body leaned over on the table and holding the menu in his hand.

    I keep giggling as I lean closer and look at the menu. I point at a Sogno Di Cioccolata.

    "Why'd I even ask? Of course." He smiles and orders. I giggle again from the story Tony has just told me before the waiter comes up.

    "Ok giggles, it wasn't that funny."

    "Yes, it is." I laugh. He chuckles and shakes his head.

    "Ok, it is." He smiles fully.

    "Here you are," the waiter says lightly and leaves. I smile and look at the chocolate dessert and grab a fork.

    "Mangiare," Tony says.

    "Non mi correre," I reply as I take a bite. He smiles and takes a bite.

    "I like it when you speak Italian," he says.

    "I can speak more."

    "I know," he says and then laughs.

    "What?"

    "You've got chocolate on your chin."

    "Wow, I'm living up to the romantic comedy stereotype." I laugh as I reach for my napkin and wipe at my chin.

    "Is it gone?"

    "Yes."

    He smiles.

    "So, Night of the Living Dead, seriously?" I ask as I curl up on Tony's couch. I'd kicked my heels off and was massaging my ankle talking to Tony as he was in the kitchen making popcorn.

    "Well, there is a wide variety of movies behind you if you'd like to watch something else," he answers back.

    I turn around so I'm leaning over the back of the couch and realize that I can't reach them even if I did decide, so getting up I walk softly to the shelves.

    "King Kong, Wuthering Heights, Gone With the Wind, On The Waterfront, Frankenstein, Shawshank Redemption, Psycho, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." I read a few of them to myself as I looked at them all.

    "How much did you want to see Night of the Living Dead?" I ask as I keep looking.

    "Scale of one to ten?" Tony answers close by. I look over my shoulder to see him with a large bowl of popcorn.

    "Yes."

    "Nine and a half."

    "Well, like always you have too many choices for me to choose from. So, I guess we'll watch zombies," I say as I take my seat back on the couch and pull my feet underneath me. He hands me the bowl and moves toward the television.

    Starting to eat the popcorn, the previews begin and Tony turns out the light. He takes a seat next to me and I offer him the bowl. He takes a handful of popcorn and hits play for the movie.