10.19.02

Gibbs's P.O.V.

"This is what we got?" I ask looking at McGee and Ziva.

"As of right now, yes."

"The crates in Belize, what was in them?"

"Um, toys. All were searched and looked over, none of them lethally dangerous. They were mostly stuffed bears, all empty except for their stuffing."

"None of this explains why she was in Belize in the first place. Her wounds DiNozzo found out from the doctor are consistent with her either having spent time in a war zone or in some sort of intense training. She's roughly 25-30, so that would place her in any of the active wars in the middle east. That puts her in line with Russia and Morocco, Morocco connects her to Brazil and Belize."

"Cruz Pavia has a connection with Vega and Jean out of Morocco. They are drug dealers and smugglers that work from Brazil to Europe and Southern and Central America. Our ghost was found in the Belize compound. Our ghost is Venetia who is also Matrona, connecting her to Russia and our Russian assassin Bronislav Vitsin. What we don't know is how our ghost, if at all, is connected to our Navy Captain and Petty Officer," McGee says.

"This is all very confusing. With many different parts," Ziva says.

"No kidding," Tony adds. "She's ready for interrogation."

Tony's POV

Gibbs enters interrogation and I lean forward, getting closer to the glass to watch.

"Hello again," her voice says smoothly. Even as a highly trained killer and complete mystery, she's still beautiful.

"Close your mouth Tony, you will catch flies."

I look over at Ziva and she is looking at me. Her statement startles me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say.

"Please Tony, I have noticed ever since McGee first put her in that chair, not to mention this past week that you find her attractive," she says.

"I do not. She's a suspect and a killer. I know that from first hand observation when I watched her kill a man and threaten to kill another in front of me."

"Do you honestly think that changes anything? I know you Tony, and I know that no matter how dangerous or grey their reputation and identity might be you admire a beautiful woman when you can."

I look over at her and lean slightly against the wall.

"Is that so?"

"Yes Tony, it is true now as much as it was true four years ago."

I stand up, straightening my posture and looking back into the room.

"She was beautiful Tony, but behind every mask is a face. She was a brilliant agent. You do not—,"

"I know Ziva. I knew her mask just as well as I knew what she was hiding behind it. And she's still a brilliant agent. You don't know anything more about her than what's in her file. No one knows, except Gibbs."

Silence hangs between us as I stare in at the silent interrogation room.

"I did not mean to offend you Tony. I was just going to say that you don't have to blame yourself," she says before heading for the door. The silent click of the latch shutting as I remember that day four years ago.

"DiNozzo, I want you and McGee to go down the West side, Ziva and I will go to the East," Gibbs says.

McGee moves ahead and stops just before the doorway. I come up alongside him and move across to the other side and take a look in. The empty room gives the go ahead for entry. I move in, McGee following after me as Gibbs's voice shoots through my ear.