Fear and Disbelief

Tony's POV

    "So Lieutenant Drehten, or should I call you Romeo? Doesn't matter I guess, tell me how did you get recruited into the Ghost program?"

    "I don't know what you're talking about," he replies, his face stoic.

    "Oh I think you do, see we found you based on other known associates of the Ghost program and they say you were. Also, we kind of found proof of your escapades throughout Europe and northern Africa and parts of Asia. You have a string of very beautiful women that are dead following you."

    He sits up and leans back in his chair.

    "I want a lawyer," he replies.

    "Oh that's fine, that'll really help when you get brought to the Vice President and Secretary of Defense, the attorney general is going to have the best time I'm sure," I say and he seems to waver when I mention the Secretary of Defense.

    "Even if what you say is true, there won't ever be a real trial. These Ghosts don't really exist," he says.

    "If that's true, then why did we find all of you and bring you in?" I ask.

    He's silent for a moment and then glances towards the door.

    "Look, I have a fiancé, she doesn't know about the things I've done," he says lowly.

    "So you're admitting to being in the program?" I ask and he nods slowly.

    "If they find out that I talked, she's at risk. I can't risk her safety."

    "Look, we don't necessarily have our sights on the Ghosts, although some we have more questions about. We're really trying to figure out how it is that you all got recruited and by who and who was the one supplying your contracts," I say. Drehten looks back at the door then to the glass behind me.

    "Who's back there?" He asks and I glance behind me to look at the glass.

    "My Director," I say.

    "Anyone else?" He asks and I turn to look back at him.

    "Who do you think is back there?" I ask and he leans back in his chair.

    "The only person that could bring me in here," he replies.

    "Who's that?" I ask and he pauses. "Look Lieutenant, we just want answers. We want to know who ordered the murder of Special Agent Erin Carter, or as you know her Lucky," I say.

    He slowly looks back up at me.

    "She's dead?" He asks and I nod.

    He sits in silence for a beat before he sits up in his seat.

    "I waive my right to council, as long as you promise my fiancé will be safe. I'll tell you everything you want to know about the program," he says.

    I glance towards the glass and there's a single knock. A yes.

    "Okay, start from the beginning," I say and he nods.

Ziva's POV

    "Why am I here?" Fuller asks as she's rubbing her belly.

    I walk around the room, slowly reviewing her file.

    "Are you going to answer me?" She asks. I glance up and look at her.

    "Tell me about Prague," I say and she seems taken aback.

    "It's a country, I don't know much more than that," she says.

    I come around and sit on the opposite side of the table.