They're Coming

Gibbs's POV

    "She in?" I ask Cynthia and she nods.

    I open the door and enter Jenny's office.

    "Yes, you can enter without knocking," she says as she looks up from a file on her desk.

    "Erin filled me in on who contracted her to kill Ari," I say as I take a seat across from her.

    She perks up and sits up, "Oh?"

    "Eli David. Erin never got the contract from Claxton the second time she got it, she got it directly from Mossad."

    "Are we accusing the deputy director of Mossad of setting up a hit?" She asks.

    "Erin found proof that Eli David ordered the strike that killed his wife, he was trying to kill Ari as well."

    "How can we be sure that her proof was accurate?"

    "Are you really questioning her?"

    "I'm trying to make sure that in case this comes up during the investigation of stopping these Ghosts that this won't hinder our case or create an issue with us and Mossad. If you haven't forgotten we have one of their agents working along side us."

    I stare at her and then towards the door.

    "Ziva has already been through enough. If we can be sure of this before we move forward it may help us in the long run and also keep her here working with us," she adds.

    "When Ari died, I," I stop and swallow, trying to bring myself to say what Ziva had done.

    "I know," she replies. "What progress has the team made in locating the Ghosts from Erin's list?"

    "They're locating them now, I told them I want them all located before we move."

    Jenny nods. "Do you think she's ready?"

    I pause, not really knowing. "She's ready."

    "How can you be sure? She's only just started getting the therapy help? She just had a nightmare last night thinking she was being murdered by members of the Ghost program."

    "She's ready. If there's one thing that can be sure, she's ready. If there are members of the Ghosts that are contracted to kill her, we will get them. All of this will be brought to an end."

    "SecDef and the VP are going to want to be kept in the loop about this. Although, I have my concerns about that."

    I quirk a brow.

    "There was a question that was made asking about the other Ghosts, asking which were still active. Erin providing this information now may create some waves. Also, SecDef was the one that contacted Erin for the Ghost program after Joe, before he was SecDef. Erin also said that when Joe contacted her, he gave her a file about her background, details of her parents. The death of her father, her career in the Marines, her time with you and everyone she's ever met. Her time with Tony."

    "Why would he do that?"

    "I'm not sure, show that he's been scouting her perhaps."

    My phone rings and I reach for it, briefly catching Erin's name on the screen, "Hello?"

    "Gibbs, there's someone in the house," she says quietly.

    "What?" I ask as I hurry out of the office. "Where are you?"

    "I'm in my room, in the corner. Gibbs they're coming," she says whispering.

    I hurry down the stairs, halfway down her voice cuts in, "You," then there's gun shots and  my heart races faster.

    "DiNozzo, car now!" I say as I run towards the elevator.

    "Gibbs, what's up?" Tony asks as he's grabbing his bag. I'm dialing for local PD as I slam my finger into the elevator button.

    "Shots fired at my house!"