Surprise Guests

Gibbs's POV

"Abby, get back to the lab and check everything again. There has to be something about her that we're not seeing," I say.

"Okay," she replies as she leaves the room.

"What's rule three?"

"Never be unreachable," Tony answers.

"Don't believe what you're told. Double check," I say quickly as I look back into the interrogation room.

"Who said that?" Tony asks.

"Franks."

"What are you thinking?" Ducky asks.

"Something's not right Duck, she knows everyone. She knows the rules. I've met her somewhere."

"You're right you know. We have met. I'd hurry Jethro, you might think I'm safe and secure in this room, but you've made a perfect platter for them to come and get me. I'd check the morgue if I were you," she says and a smile covers her lips as she slowly leans back in her chair. A moment later the lights shut off and the emergency lights flick on. I look towards Ducky and run out of the room.

"McGee, I want this entire building on lockdown," I yell as I escape down the hall towards the morgue.

Peeking around I look into the dimly lit room and see that everything seems normal for a silent autopsy room. I enter the room and take steady steps towards the table, checking around me for anyone. Closer, I move towards the doors, the door opens behind me and I turn quickly to see Tony and Ziva with their weapons.

"Abby's upstairs," Tony whispers.

"Who's watching upstairs?"

"The whole building is on alert, McGee is reaching out to security," Ziva whispers moving to the opposite side of the row of drawers.

I look back over them and motion to both of them. Reaching for the handle of one of them, I pull it open and find it empty. Letting it swing closed, but not latching it I move onto the next. Another empty one, I move down the wall up to the eighth one. Pulling it open, the figure of a body is laying there. With guns aimed, I pull the shelf out. The sheet is over the body, I tear it back to reveal the face. A dead marine. I pull the sheet back over and replace the shelf. The next one I pull open has a body inside. Pulling the sheet back it's the body of a man. Reaching for his arm, I grab his wrist to feel the cool skin, squeezing it his eyes flash open and he jumps towards me.

"Freeze! You move and we'll shoot," Ziva yells. He moves towards me, his arms reaching towards his side and he pulls out a gun. Thrusting an arm out towards him, I twist his arm and pin him down on his stomach on the shelf.

"DiNozzo cuff him."

He slaps some cuffs on his wrists and I pull him off the shelf towards the table and cuffing him to it.

"Взять их! Переместить сейчас!" (Get them! Move now!)

Quickly seven doors burst open and I pull around to aim. They move forward, with guns raised, I pull the trigger shooting the shoulder of one, and the hand of another. Twenty-seven shots ring through my ears and I move quickly toward the unknowns on the floor. I look up to see Tony and Ziva doing the same and pulling them away separately, the doors open and four more agents run into the room toward the down gunmen. A low laugh erupts behind me, I look to see the first of the men handcuffed to the table.

"Есть больше из нас. Вы не можете держать ее в безопасности. Она заслуживает того, чтобы умереть." (There are more of us. You can't keep her safe. She deserves to die.)