Self Preservation

Ziva's POV

    I sit in to watch the interview between Gibbs and one of our Russian guests.

    "Hello Agent Gibbs. You must wonder who I am or how I know of you? Well, I'll tell you only if you make deal with INTERPOL. They come see you, yes?" He asks.

    "They came."

    "You know why don't you?"

    "I'm sure it's to understand just why you and your men came all the way to the U.S. to try and kill someone."

    "They came because they want to see if we were successful."

    "INTERPOL?" Gibbs asks, disbelieving.

    "Yes, in Russia. Everyone is bought off in my country, including members of INTERPOL Moscow."

    "How do you expect me to make a deal with INTERPOL if they're working for your boss as well?"

    "Keep me here in America," he says leaning forward.

    "I can't promise that. There's crimes against you for the attempted murder of three federal agents so far, including your infiltration into a government building to murder a suspect in NCIS custody," Gibbs says.

    "You work to keep me here, I tell you what you need to know."

    "Well, you're not the only one we have in custody. There's another in another interrogation room."

    "He won't talk," he says.

    "What makes you think he hasn't already?" Gibbs asks.

    "Because if you're with me and no one is watching him, I would bet he's biting off his own tongue," he says and laughs. Gibbs turns and looks towards the two way mirror. In an instance I'm rushing out the door and down the hall to the other interrogation room. I push open the door to see the second Russian assassin bleeding from the mouth and his wrists bleeding, the handcuffs dug deeply into his skin.

    "No, no you are not dying," I say as I rush over. "Help! I need help!" I cry out. I look to the man in handcuffs and he's face down on the table. I reach a hand out to his neck and there's no pulse. How could he have died so quickly?

    "Help!" I cry out again.