Nothing to Confess

Gibbs's P.O.V.

"Thanks Tony."

Hanging up after talking to Tony, I look up at the stairs.

"Who are you?" I ask. Opening Matrona Tvardovsky's file, I make a note of Venetia Capeltorno and everything Tony told me. The names of her assassins: Antoine Vega, Victor Jean, Gabriel De Santigo, Bronislav Vitsin, Cruz Pavia. Locations: Russia, Brazil, Morocco, Belize. Along with the information of her injuries that she's had. I sit back and think as I stare at the file. She did her own field surgery, meaning she's had training. Wounds consistent with either having spent time in a war zone or intense training. She's about 25-30 years of age so that would be any of the active wars in the middle east. That puts her in line with Russia and Morocco, Morocco connects her to Brazil and Belize. How does our Captain and our ghost connect? Vitsin saw Matrona with a man in Brazil. Cruz has connection with Captain Nichols and Petty Officer Montgomery. Cruz has a connection with Vega and Jean. Drug dealers that work from Brazil to Europe and Southern and Central America. Our ghost was found in the Belize compound. Our ghost is Venetia who is also Matrona. Is Matrona someone else?

Erin's POV

It's a few days before Ducky gives me the all clear for questioning.

"This'll be fun," I say.

"It most certainly will be interesting," he says.

"Is she ready Ducky?" Tony asks as he walks into the morgue.

"She is," he answers.

"Come on," Tony says lightly. I hop down gently from the exam table and walk towards him, offering up my wrists.

"This never gets old," he says as he snaps the cuffs on me. I look up at him. "I'm joking."

"Sure you are," I say. I take a few steps past him and can imagine him rolling his eyes and looking towards Ducky before taking ahold of my arm and leading towards the elevator.

"Well, it's been nice," I say as we reach the floor and he leads me towards the interrogation room.

"What's that?"

"The last three days of peace you all have given me," I say.

"Well, maybe if you confess it can continue," he offers.

"Things aren't that easy and I don't have anything I wish to confess," I say. "A bullet will be in my head before then I'm sure."