Haunted

Erin's POV

    "So Erin, how are you doing today?" Dr. Payne asks.

    I chuckle nervously. "Well, I had a nightmare last night."

    "Really?" He sits as he settles further into his seat and I nod. "What was it about?"

    "Two of the Thirteen came to kill me."

    He quirks a brow and leans back in his seat. "Oh, how'd that go?"

    I scoff. "Well, I woke up screaming and crying while trying to attack a family member," I say.

    "Your record doesn't say you have any remaining family," he says.

    "Family doesn't have to be by blood," I say.

    He nods. "True. What happened in the dream?"

    I sigh and lean back against the couch. "The usual I suppose. There were two trained assassins in my room and they tried to shoot me, I fought back."

    "Erin—,"

    "Yeah, alright I get it. You want details. Helps with the coping and realization that it's just dreams and there's nothing really after me."

    Dr. Payne smiles. I sigh.

    "Perhaps it would help if you closed your eyes and thought back on it. I'll be right here the whole time, promise."

    I nod and release a breath as I close my eyes and focus on my dream.

    "I was asleep and I woke up. I don't know why, but I did. It was quiet, I tried to go back to sleep and I heard rustling. I opened one eye and listened and I reached for my gun and when I went to move a hand came over my mouth. I was alarmed, the person was a man. He spoke right into my ear."

    "What did he say?"

    "Quiet. Did you really think you'd get away so easily? Ivann sends his wishes. Then I felt the barrel of a gun to my head," I shiver, "it was cold. I threw myself trying to get him off of me. I bit his fingers and yelled for Gibbs."

    "What then?"

    "He told me to shut up. Then I heard another person say to grab me, it was a woman. He told her to help him. I felt her hands grab my ankles and pin me but I kicked and she said she knew she should have drugged me first. The man tells her to shut up and I yell for Gibbs again. The man tells me Gibbs isn't coming. He says goodbye Erin and I fall out of the bed. My body hurts. I'm crawling towards the window to the storage basket to grab my other gun. The woman grabs my ankle and I kick her. She's shouting telling the man to shoot. I reach the basket and I pull it open and tearing the curtains open I turn and aim. I see who it is."

    "Who is it?"

    "Winnie and Julien."

    "What happens next?"

    "Winnie asks if I'm surprised. Julien says no hard feelings and raises his gun. I shout for Gibbs and shoot. I hear him calling for me, then I woke up shouting. Calling out to Gibbs for help. Suppose it's from having seen someone I thought was dead all these years. Another Ghost," I say.

    "Where did you see this other Ghost?"

    "Last night when I went to get ice cream. They were with a woman that I didn't recognize, but I recognized her eyes. I imagine she was using prosthetics or plastic surgery to alter her appearance," I say.

    "How did you feel when you saw them?"

    "Scared. Because the other one that was with her, I thought I killed him. I shot him four times in the chest and thought I'd paralyzed him with his own Ka-Bar. Turns out he's alive and walking around just fine. If it is really him and he's contracted to kill me, no one will find my body. Milo was the guy you hired if you wanted someone to disappear and didn't want to find anything left of them."