Chapter Twenty-Eight, Loss of Ambition

-Rokuro-

What if they all love Futaro? This one thought played back over and over in his head. He hadn't gone home that night that Nino had confessed, he had just wandered around the city in a daze, unsure of what to do. Eventually he had gone back to school to try and take his mind off of things, but that soon went south when he ran into Itsuki in class.

"Rokuro-kun, what's wrong?!" She asked urgently, he could only assume that he didn't look his best, but he didn't answer, talking to any of them could send him over the edge, instead he walked past her and sat down in his seat.

"Kazuhiro, you okay?" Futaro's voice said from beside him, he looked over at his friend blankly, no emotions on his face.

"I don't know." He said flatly, he didn't know what to think, he couldn't just go confessing his feelings, and with his mind so jumbled up right now, he was unsure if he could figure anything out, Futaro sighed and patted him on the shoulder before going to sit in his seat. Class was as boring as ever so he just put his head down, he wondered why he was even there in the first place, there was no need to be, his grades were perfect. Without another word, he stood up and walked out of class, putting his hands in his pockets as he walked away, he didn't care anymore. As he walked down the hallway, he thought about Nino, she was the last person he'd expect to fall for Futaro.

"Kazu-kun?" A voice said, making Rokuro stop in his tracks, his eyes widened and he turned around, seeing Ichika standing behind him.

"I-Ichika-nee.." He said quietly, she walked up to him and looked at him, a concerned look on her face.

"What was wrong the other day? Where have you been, I'm worried about you." She said, Rokuro had to suppress the urge to ask her how she felt about Futaro. That night when he had figured out how he felt, he knew Ichika was possibly the one he liked the most, even so, he wasn't so far gone that he couldn't make rational decisions.

"I'm just...having a hard time..my daymares are getting to me.." He lied, it felt painful to even talk to her, her eyes widened a bit and she looked away briefly.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked, he knew what he wanted to say, but he couldn't so he had to come up with a lie.

"Uhh, I don't think so, but Ichika-nee I have a question...do you know anything about love?" He asked, she perked up and looked at him curiously.

"Not really, why do you ask? Wait, are you in love with someone?!" She asked, suddenly giddy, he blushed and shook his head.

"N-no! I just...I haven't truly loved anyone in a long time, I'm not sure if I can properly remember the feeling." He lied. She stared at him for a long time before smiling smugly.

"So you don't even love us?~" Ichika teased.

"Huh? Of course I do! I-I mean, just not in that sense...you know what I mean!" He exclaimed, Ichika laughed and nudged his shoulder.

"You're cute when you're flustered~ I do have an honest question though, if you had to choose any of us to spend the rest of your life with, who would it be?" She asked, Rokuro perked up at the question and his face flushed red.

"Where did that come from?!" He retorted.

"I was just curious, we've been through so much together, I would've thought you'd have at least formed some romantic feelings towards one of us." She explained, Rokuro sighed and looked away.

"To answer your question...I'm not sure.." He replied, she stared at him for a moment before nodding.

"Well think of it this way, who's the most fun to be around?" She asked, Rokuro realized something and looked at her in annoyance.