Chapter Forty-Four, Uneasy Emotions

-Rokuro-

              After remembering everything that happened, Rokuro had told everyone everything, surprising everyone with the revelation that Nino was his mystery girl. The girls had made up thankfully, and they had all gone home the day after But now Rokuro felt awkward, he didn't know what to say to Nino whenever he saw her, they just awkwardly look at each other before blushing and looking away, it went on like this for a few days as he returned to school, he'd run into Nino then dart away from her just as quickly.

"You can't keep running forever." Futaro said as he and Rokuro walked off to the other side of the school.

"I just have to think of what to say to her and I'll get right on talking to her." Rokuro replied with a sigh.

"Maybe you start with just normal conversation? You know, like a normal person?" Futaro said.

"Oh ha ha. Easier said than done, after what she said, I can't approach her without thinking about it. I open my mouth to speak and I think about the past, I'm not sure how to approach her now." Rokuro mutters, looking away.

"Well you know she was the one you protected back then, be happy with that and talk to her again, Yotsuba has been telling me that Nino has been asking her how to talk to you and she's having almost the same problem." Futaro explained, Rokuro looked at him in surprise and looked down, Nino was also unsure of how to talk to him? He suddenly didn't feel so bad about what was going on.

"Oh Futaro, that reminds me, you know all of the girls love you, so which one are you gonna get with?" Rokuro asked.

"Where did that question come from?" Futaro replied.

"I don't know, it's been a year since we've been with them, I just assumed you'd have feelings for at least one of them.." Rokuro said with a shrug, Futaro was silent for a moment.

"I don't know..they're all so stupid for falling for me, but I guess..I've developed some feelings towards them." Futaro answered.

"Well you better figure out those feelings, because there will come a time when you'll have to answer their feelings." He replied.

"You also have to figure out your feelings idiot." Futaro spat.

"I know that, don't remind me.." Rokuro muttered.

"Has this incident with Nino swayed the odds in her favor?" Futaro questioned, Rokuro blushed a bit and shrugged.

"I can't exactly say no, I definitely appreciate her more now, but I can't cling to the feelings of the past. I need to make my own decision based on now and choose from here." Rokuro said as he clenched his fist.

"Speaking of impending answers, I know you've talked to your teachers about it, but where are you gonna go for school after this?" Futaro asked, Rokuro looked down, thinking to himself.

"I don't even know what I want to do..I was thinking of something to do with saving lives...but I'm not sure where to go for it, maybe abroad.." Rokuro replied.

"Well then what's the point in telling them your feelings if you're just gonna leave after?" Futaro asked.

"Because they deserve to know, and I owe it to myself to figure it out." Rokuro said sternly, Futaro opened his mouth to speak when suddenly he was cut off.

"Uesugi-san!!! Rokuro-san!!!" Rokuro heard from above them, he looked up and saw Yotsuba waving to them excitedly.

"Yotsuba! Don't yell at me!!!" Futaro scolded, Rokuro stared at her before remembering something.

"I'll see you later Futaro, I gotta go!" He said before sprinting inside the building, he dashed up the stairs and ran into the class that Yotsuba had been in to find all of the girls there.