Chapter Forty-Six, Finding Your Flame

-Futaro-

              After the day at the pool, Futaro had learned that his manager at Revival had been in a motorcycle accident, so he and Nino had agreed to go see him and wish him well. A few days after the pool he was standing outside the hospital waiting for Nino as he read a book about love, it was talking about all the ways a highschooler may express their love for someone. As he read it, he made note of all the things Rokuro has done, laughing to himself as he thought about the tactics Rokuro has tried without knowing it until he came to a page that said 'if pushing isn't working, then try pulling.'

"An interesting tactic...That aside, Nino is late as hell...I should probably go see the manager on my own at this rate.." Futaro muttered to himself, suddenly Nino walked up to him, her arms crossed.

"Nino, there you are, you're late-" She suddenly cut him off.

"And? So what if I'm late? Learn to have some patience." She spat, Futaro stared at her in disbelief but held his tongue, wondering what she was trying to accomplish.

"It's hot out, why didn't you go wait inside? I swear you can be so stupid sometimes, you look especially stupid holding two bouquets of flowers, and you reek of sweat." She said harshly, he looked down at the bouquets of flowers in his hands and let out a deep sigh.

"What's your problem all of a sudden?" He asked before looking at her, but no answer.

"Did you and Kazuhiro have a fight or something?" Futaro questioned, Nino scoffed and waved him off nonchalantly.

"Oh please, as if. Now come on, Uesugi." Nino replied flatly, walking inside, Futaro didn't understand what she was doing but he followed her into the hospital, they walked up the stairs to their manager's hospital room and walked in, being greeted by him sitting up and watching TV.

"Oh, Uesugi-kun, Nino-chan, how are ya?" He said as he noticed them come in, waving to them.

"I'm fine, how's your injury?" Nino asked, now Futaro was really confused, she was angry at him but fine with their manager.

"It's fine now, I just need some post surgery examinations and then I'm off the hook I think." Their manager replied, Nino walked up to him and handed him flowers before looking back at Futaro.

"You just gonna stand there like an idiot? Give him the flowers." Nino spat.

"Uesugi-kun." Their manager called, motioning him over.

"Yea. Here's some flowers." Futaro replied, handing him the flowers.

"Yep, those are definitely flowers. Now what happened, are you two fighting?" He asked, leaning in and whispering into Futaro's ear.

"No, I don't know what's going on." Futaro replied.

"What are you whispering about? If you've got something to say about me, say it to my face, Uesugi." Nino demanded, crossing her arms again.

"Give me a second Nino." Futaro said, darting out into the hall and using his phone to call Rokuro.

"Yello." Rokuro's voice came from his phone.

"Kazuhiro, what's going on with Nino?" Futaro asked curiously.

"Nino-tya? Nothing from what I can tell, she left excited to see you. Why is something the matter?" Rokuro replied.

"She's acting really cold, it's kinda freaking me out." Futaro said, walking back and forth through the hall.

"Huh...weird. Yea she was fine when she left, do you need me to come talk to her? I'm out shopping with Miku-rin right now." Rokuro offered.