Chapter Sixty Five, Our Promise

-Rokuro-

Three months passed, and Rokuro was anxiously awaiting the moment he would leave for America, the closer it got, the more nervous he felt. He had put on a bravado when he had told everyone that he was leaving, but when he had gotten the letter that he had been accepted to Yale and would start in August, he had begun to have sleepless nights. He didn't want to leave. One day he walked out his room to the girls all sitting in the living room, talking about how to pursue their futures. He heard them and ducked behind the railing, listening in.

"How are you gonna manage that Itsuki? I don't think dad can afford to put you there.." Nino muttered.

"I know...but after so long with him...I can't stand the idea of him being gone for years.." Itsuki muttered, confusing him.

"But even so..to try to go to Yale with him is a lengthy stretch, you don't even know full English! You'd have to take a specialized class before you can do anything." Ichika reasoned, making Rokuro's eyes widen, he had expected Itsuki to be upset that he was leaving, but never to try and come with him.

"I'd be able to manage, maybe.." Itsuki muttered. Rokuro stood up and walked down the stairs, making them all jump.

"H-Hiro-kun! Did you hear what we were talking about?!" Itsuki exclaimed.

"Yea, I did." Rokuro said sternly, they all went silent, none of them meeting his eyes.

"Itsuki-tan, why didn't you tell me sooner that you wanted to go?" Rokuro asked, making Itsuki pause.

"Wait, you're not mad?" Itsuki asked.

"No, not at all, if you had said something sooner I could've figured out a way to help you. Do you wanna go with me?" Rokuro asked, immediately Itsuki jumped up and tackled him into a hug.

"Yes! Yes please!" She said excitedly.

"Well, let's go talk to dad. You gotta apply and everything before the deadline." Rokuro offered, she stared at him for a moment before nodding and running upstairs. Rokuro sighed and looked down at the others, who were staring at him sadly.

"I kinda just stole your sister..didn't I..." He muttered dejectedly. Suddenly they all stood up and hugged him.

"Don't think of it like that! We're upset both of you may be leaving, but you two are pursuing your dreams, we can't be upset at that! We're proud of you!" Ichika exclaimed.

"You two do what you need to, we'll be okay." Nino said with a smile.

"We can handle things here." Miku said with a nod.

"Go follow your dreams you two!" Yotsuba said excitedly, Rokuro stared at them in bewilderment and he hugged them back.

"I love you guys so much.." He muttered, eventually Itsuki came downstairs and they left for the hospital. After one ten minute bus ride, they walked in and asked to see him, after another thirty minute wait, they eventually got into his office to see him.

"Kazuhiro-kun and Itsuki-kun, what do you need?" Maruo asked if they walked in, they sat down and looked at each other before nodding.

"Itsuki-tan wants to try to attend Yale with me." Rokuro said sternly, Maruo was silent for a minute before sighing.

"That's a fine dream, but I must say, can she handle it? Itsuki-kun can't even speak English, she would struggle." Maruo replied.

"I have two and a half months before I have to leave, in that time, I'll teach her all I can. She can apply today, and we'll see if she gets accepted." Rokuro replied. Maruo stared at him and nodded slowly.