Chapter One, Reunion

"Barbecue set, without the barbecue." A plain looking boy said to the lunch lady in front of him, she scoffed and handed him a plate of rice, miso soup, and fresh fruit. He smiled and bowed before walking off to a water dispenser.

'What fools! Everyone is spending too much money on lunch while I'm spending a comfortable 200 yen. And the school's water is all you can drink to boot!' The boy thought to himself as he drank gleefully. He grabbed another cup of water and went to sit in his usual seat when suddenly another tray was placed by him. He looked up angrily at the perpetrator but had a double take when he saw the girl in front of him, her uniform wasn't of the school, she had striking pink hair, bright blue eyes, and yellow star accessories in her hair.

"Excuse me!" She called to him, bringing him back to reality.

"What? Move." He said, scooting her tray away.

"Sorry, but I was here first, if it bothers you that much there is a seat right next to us!" The girl said to him.

"I sit here everyday, if anyone is going to be moving it's you." He retorted, his patience wearing thin.

"That doesn't matter here, first come first serve. Besides I've been touring all day, my feet cannot take another step." The girl replied, he growled and quickly sat down.

"Well I've sat down first so there!" He said with a smug smirk, the girl scowled and sat down right next to him, but her face was bright red, she clearly didn't wanna do this.

"Whatever, do as you like." The boy said until he took notice of her food choices.

'250 yen udon...100 yen squid, kashiwa, sweet potato...two 150 yen shrimp...180 yen desert?!? Who drops 1000 yen on food!?' He thought in disbelief. He snapped out of his shock and pulled out a tiny book and his previous test, starting to study for the next test.

"That's impolite." The girl said.

"What? Ninomiya Kinjirou studied while eating, what's so different about me?" He said

"That's totally different! But if you're studying for a test you must be in pretty deep water. Let's see your test scores." She replied, taking his test without question.

"Let's see here, Uesugi Futaro...100 points." She said plainly, Futaro clutched his head in false embarrassment.

"Oh what a tragedy!!!" He called out, the girl blushed and pouted, crossing her arms.

"You wanted me to look!!! So stupid...anyways, I just had a great idea! You should help me stud-"

"Thank you for the food." Futaro said as he cut her off and stood up, walking away.

"Hey wait! You're just gonna leave!? You've barely eaten! Let me give you some of mine!" The girl offered.

"I've had plenty, in fact I think you had too much. You'll get fat." Futaro spat harshly, the girl's eyes widened and a single vein bulged in her head from anger.

"F-fat- How dare you!? I've never met anyone so insensitive! I'm not giving you anything!" She growled.

"Yea yea, whatever." Futaro said as he walked away, suddenly his phone rang, as he answered a high pitched voice rang out.

"Big brother, have you heard the news!?!" The voice shouted in his ear. He grumbled and quickly ran off to talk to the person on his cell.

"Don't scream in my ear, Raiha..." Futaro said with annoyance.

"Sorry big brother! I'm just excited! Dad found a good paying job for you to do!" The girl named Raiha exclaimed.

"Huh? Doing what exactly..?" He questioned, he got a nervous vibe from this.

"It's tutoring some girl, she just transferred to your school!" Raiha explained.

"Oh yea? What does she look like?" He asked curiously.

"Well she has pink hair, I think she's shorter than you, and her name is..."

—————————

"...Nakano Itsuki." The pink-haired girl from before said as she walked into Uesugi Futaro's class the day after the lunch incident. His eyes widened as he realized his mistake from before, after she finished her introduction she walked to her seat, walking past him. He awkwardly waved towards her but she completely ignored him, making him panic.

"Okay okay calm...I can remedy this...I just gotta figure out how." He said to himself, when suddenly his attention was turned to the teacher as he gathered everyone's attention again.

"We have another transfer student! Come on in!" The teacher said to someone in the doorway, there were footsteps and a boy walked in, he had long jet black hair that fell to his shoulders with the bangs spiked up slightly, he had a few antennas sticking out everywhere wildly on the top of his head. His face wore a confident smile with kind eyes that were covered by rectangular glasses, small black snowflake earrings glistened in the light as they spun on his ears. Futaro thought the boy looked familiar, but he didn't know why until he heard his name.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher asked, the boy flipped his hair out of his face and smiled more.

"Rokuro Touko. A pleasure." The boy answered, Futaro's eyes widened as he looked over the boy, it couldn't possibly be Rokuro. The Rokuro that he had last seen was an emotionless husk, this guy clearly had himself together. He stared at Rokuro starstruck when he heard a sudden noise behind him, he turned around to see Itsuki staring at Rokuro curiously.

"What the-" Futaro started to say when he heard footsteps approaching him, he turned back around to see Rokuro standing over him. He was staring intently.

"Uesugi Futaro?" Rokuro asked curiously, Futaro's jaw dropped, it was him. The broken boy he once knew had returned, Futaro immediately stood up, looking at him closely.

"You've really changed, haven't you.." He muttered, Rokuro gave him a wide grin.

"I had to grow up sometime." Rokuro said as he began to walk past him, Futaro smiled to himself slightly, his friend had returned. He sat down again and looked ahead, focusing on his teacher's lesson. It wasn't long before class was over when Futaro realized he still had a big problem, he had to win the favor of that Itsuki girl back. As he stood up to walk out of class a hand appeared on his shoulder.

"You okay Futaro? You've been twitching all through class." Rokuro said from behind him. He was smiling slightly but still had a worried expression on his face, like he didn't know what to do.

"Yea. I just have a problem. I can deal with it." Futaro replied as he forced a smile, in reality he had no clue how he was going to fix it, he was more than likely screwed.

"If you say so, but hey if you need any help, I'm always around. Well now anyways.'' Rokuro jokes, Futaro smiled lightly and said he would before walking away. As he started out the door he heard a familiar voice speaking to Rokuro.

"Rokuro Touko? I'm Nakano Itsuki, it's a pleasure to meet you." The Itsuki girl said to him.

"Nice to meet you, you okay? You look a little nervous, I mean your face is bright red." Rokuro said, and that's all Futaro heard before he left the room. He didn't want to eavesdrop but he now knew one thing, if Rokuro could make friends with Itsuki, it was a gateway to his own success.

Author's Notes: This is my first hand at a romance story, I've been working hard at this story for the past year and a half and I can proudly say that I've finished it! Today the first four chapters will be published, but after that it will be published every week on Thursday! So...enjoy reading The Quintessential Quintuplets: Eternal Hearts!