Chapter Fifty-Four, If The Final Festival Was Yotsuba's

-Yotsuba, The Second Day-

The day after Futaro's confession, Yotsuba got to school early to try and help with everything she could, she wanted to distract herself with anything she could.

"Nakano-san? You're here early, school doesn't start for another two hours." One of the teachers said with surprise.

"Give me something to do! I'll do anything you need to!" She said almost pleadingly, she wanted to do everything in her power to forget about yesterday.

"Uh well..I guess you could help fix the stands that were falling apart yesterday...and the students wanted to put pamphlets around the school...there's also boxes to move too." THe teacher said.

"I can do all of it, where do I start?" She asked.

"With the boxes I suppose." He replied, and so she got to work, running herself rampant to get everything done, she spent four painstaking hours running around finding things to do, people were starting to show up so she hurried to find more work, but instead found Miku and Rokuro walking out of the school building, she jogged over to them to find that Rokuro had deep bags under his eyes, he looked exhausted.

"Rokuro-san..are you okay?" She asked.

Yea..yea I'm fine..just was worried about Miku-rin." He replied, Miku had passed out yesterday after a sudden fire had put the takoyaki stall down, Yotsuba regretted not being able to help because she had been crying, if she had been there, then maybe Miku might've not passed out and Rokuro would've been able to sleep better.

"Don't push yourself too hard Miku..thing's got pretty crazy yesterday didn't they?" Yotsuba asked as she and Rokuro walked Miku to the pancake stall.

"You gonna be okay, Miku-rin?" Rokuro asked.

"You should worry about yourself, Rokuro-san, you don't look so good." Yotsuba said as she looked over at him to see that his eyes were half closed.

"I'm fine..I just stayed up a little later than normal is all.." He muttered with a loud yawn, she looked at him worriedly but she didn't say anything. The three of them walked off to the pancake stall, Yotsuba felt antsy so she decided to go find something to do.

"Miku, Rokuro-san, I'm gonna go look for some work to do, I'll see you later!" Yotsuba said happily before running off. She ran around looking for things to do, asking people if she could help until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"There you are, you're a friend of Futaro's right?" A girl asked, it was the girl Futaro was with from yesterday.

"Oh..it was...Takebayashi right?" Yotsuba questioned.

"Mhm! So you heard my name? Were you with your sister yesterday were you not?" Takebayashi asked.

"Huh? Yea, sorry I didn't say anything.." Yotsuba replied apologetically.

"Oh it's alright! Sorry if I came off rude yesterday, Kazuhiro-kun..something about him irks me and I don't know what. And it was the second time ever seeing quintuplets." Takebayashi replied.

"Ahaha..we get that a lot. Wait, you've seen quintuplets before? Where?" Yotsuba asked.

"Six years ago, in Kyoto. You were the one Futaro-kun met, weren't you?" Takebayashi said innocently, but it made Yotsuba's heart jump into her throat with fear.

"H-how did you.." Yotsuba muttered, struggling to form a sentence.

"He wouldn't stop showing me the photo! I'm sure I've seen it at least a million times, though I would've never thought that you would've ended up in the same school. It was a guess really, when I saw your sisters yesterday, Futaro mentioned quints, and since quintuplets are so rare, I assumed you were the same ones. That and I vaguely remember Futaro getting Kazuhiro-kun to say that the one he met had a name that started with a Y, whenever he'd remember he'd go berserk so we all did our best to forget back then to not bring it up. That's probably why Futaro doesn't remember you." Takebayashi explained, Yotsuba stared at her in utter shock, she was smart.