Chapter 79

THANK YOU FOR A MILLION ON 'LIGHTS OUT'!!!i'm literally sobbing while writing this i'm so proud and grateful and no words could do it justice

i'm literally sobbing while writing this i'm so proud and grateful and no words could do it justice

oh and also bits of this chapter tugged on my heart a little so be warned

~***~

Despite the original plan, Max and I agreed to look after Libby for an extra day. We were just enjoying the time spent with her and I found myself feeling someone excited for the chance to do it myself soon enough with kids of our own. Max really took me by surprise with how he stepped up in responsibility. Parenting seemed to come natural to him. He never rose his voice when Libby would shuffle to grab something she shouldn't, he was incredibly patient when trying to get her down for a nap, and he had the cutest lullabies to sing her to sleep. Not long after handing Libby back over on the Sunday, he went straight on his laptop to look at Pinterest ideas for the twins' room.

Sunday was a day off for both of us - no one wants to work an extra Sunday. Most people involved in Formula One were having the day off, too, so for lunch I agreed to be Max's date as he met up with a few of his engineers and mechanics.

"You look beautiful," Max mumbled, kissing the top of my head as I curled the mascara wand a final time through my lashes. I had been sat on the floor in front of the mirror for the past half an hour trying to maximise what God had already given me. His compliment, although sweet, didn't matter much in making my effort worth it; I could be wearing stained, ratty clothes and have absolutely nothing on my face and Max would still preach that I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever laid his eyes on.

I placed my hand on top of his which he had rested on my shoulder. In the dirty mirror, I met his blue eyes and smiled up at him. "Thank you. Ready to go?"

"Just waiting on you, schatje. Are you ready to go?"

I nodded my head in reply and stood up. My knees were tight and achey from how I had been sat for so long, but I pushed through the pain as I walked out of the bedroom. My white trainers were already by the front door and would casually compliment the summery midi dress I was wearing. As I slipped them on, I remembered something important that I needed to ask Max.

"Babe?" I called out, not expecting him to be right behind me. His little 'yes' reply made me jump and I playfully scrunched up my nose in annoyance at his amused smile. Still, I continued. "Uh, do you reckon we'll be out of this lunch by half three?"

Max paused in thought as he slipped his arms into his jacket. "Potentially? We can be if we need to be. Why?"

I bit my lips together, trying not to let myself get too excited. "The estate agent emailed me back this morning, and I agreed to a house viewing today for the place we loved but the only slot she had available was at four. She made it seem like there was another potential buyer. I don't know if it was just a sale tactic but I think if we do love it as much as I think we will, we should place a deposit as soon as possible."