52 | Sins hours.

Song for this chapter : Flawless by The Neighbourhood (Highly recommended for this chapter from where I mentioned it below).  

I arrived to my apartment one hour ago and since then I am trying to fix things up. I know It's only Liam who is coming not some hygiene expert but my anxious mind decided to give me little panic about the remote being not on the coffee table or Amy's slipper lying near the couch, showcase being shifted to side revealing the dirt underneath—this all gave me reasons to grab my duster and now I am doing everything I can to ease my mind.

I came straight from my Art class and still today I made no progress with Alan. He literally is avoiding me like a plague and I am not usually the person to force another out of something they doesn't want. I might push more for all I know. I sigh and forget about it before my unoccupied mind skips topic to topic in my head until it settle on what I saw in cafeteria.

Liam smiled at Selena.

It wasn't just a smile, an acknowledgement I never seen him giving her before and the way her face lit up—I know I am right. It was the first time he did that. In my mind, I know all these signs are telling me that they're making progress and I am okay with it—even though I am not—I should be okay though. But what really struck me in that moment is how much Selena knows Liam.

The slushy she brought for him by the look of Liam's face I know it was something he favored over any drinks. He didn't take it away instantly but the fact that how little I know about him when I already fallen in love with him hit me.

On that tall building where I revealed my favorite drinks, he remained mute. On many occasion where I shared my life with him, he always remained silent as if either he doesn't want to share it with me or didn't want me to know him like Selena does. Those little things of him are something I am not aware off making me question—what have we even did in those three months?

I was never one to force things out of anyone which is why I remain as patient I can be with him. Knowing he is a private guy—I used to think he's a good listener and he will talk once I am done but he never opened his mouth for me to hear about him.

But now that's fine because those little things won't let me go anywhere further with him.

The sound of my door being knocked gets my attention, breaking me from my daytime rumination. I see the time at the big clock hanging on the wall— 5:02 pm.

Liam.

Sudden nervousness gnaws my stomach because this will be the first time I will see him here after he chased me down to the same door he is now knocking contrary to the way he pounded that day and also teared up to give him a chance. That feels like yesterday as I walk towards the door and open it.

He stands tall on the other side of door, his eyes trained on side while his hand up in air but the sound of door opening makes him drops his hand as he acknowledge me. His eyes follow up to down, to the top and the sweatpants I am wearing.

He immediately looks away, his attention already taken by something else.

"What happened?" I ask him, following his eye trail which stops at Mrs. Dodge closed door.

"Ellie saw me and ran inside." He replies, his tone confused and sort of sad as if he can't understand what happened.

"So?"

"So she never did it before. She used to be all giddy and shit seeing me." He grumbles and by the way he speaks it— It sounds more like a complaint as if he can't believe a day like this will come.

"You must've done something to have her drop out from your fandom. You have it in you by the way." I fake a smile before walking in my hallway.

He scoffs behind me and a sound that I can only guess of him mimicking me. I turn around and sure as hell, his lips are upwards as he makes a face and mimics what I just said.