Thirty-Three.

Even when it started to rain, the fires inside the ship still burned hard.

"At least it's not black rain," Jasper noted while he and Sirena walked up to Jaha.

"When it comes, it will be colorless," Jaha said in a very ominous way.

"Then how will we know?" Sirena had thought black rain quite literally meant it would be the color black. 

"Pain," Jaha said simply. "Choas. Death."

"Same old, same old," Jasper joked, but the once Chancellor of these people did not seem to think this particular joke was amusing. "Jeez, cheer up, Jaha. Once you accept there's nothing to be done, there's nothing to worry about. Right Sirena?"

"Correct," Sirena nodded her head. "If I've learned anything, it's not to be fazed while I am here."

"We'll find a way," Jaha declared. Because these were his people after all.

"I found the way," Jasper told him. "'If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.' Dr. Seuss."

Sirena smiled as Jasper walked away, probably to find out if the alcohol survived. If she was being honest, even when the fire happened, she didn't feel anything buy happiness. Because being around Jasper was like a little happy bubble where she didn't have to freak out about every little thing that had- or will- go wrong. She just got to enjoy living.

"Tell me, Sirena," Jaha flipped a rather large coin around in his hand. "From what I could recall, you were a straight A student and an amazing athlete who appeared to have many scholarships lined up for you after you graduated from your senior year of high school."

Sirena felt her bubble pop just a bit. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, I'm wondering where that very determined girl went," Jaha raised a brow as he peered down at her. "And why you seem to have given up."

"I'm not giving up," Sirena spoke very seriously. "I just can't take any more suffering from this world."

She crossed her arms over her chest, walking away from Jaha to try and find some of that fun and rebuild her bubble. Because if she thought about who she was, or who she was supposed to be... that bubble might be harder to rebuild.

***

Lea watched the screen anxiously as Raven tried to navigate the rocket safely back down to Earth. She thought maybe this time, she could actually do it. But then... it crashed again.

"Wait a go, Raven," Murphy said over their connected coms while playing with the remote control race car he found in the house. "Nuclear death wave forty two and mankind zero."