epel x fem! reader

synopsis: reader is shy (which will be a challenge for me to write) but very talkative once u get to know her. she's a romantic person and talks about love all the time. she meets epel in vargas' class and they start talking, but they only find each other in vargas' class so that's where their relationship stays

i added a few hcs in here (if they're canon/proven wrong i have no idea bc i haven't been keeping up since chapter six). reader is also the prefect. not very important, but it comes up a lil in here. anyways, enjoy and sry for the wait! still juggling lots of important things but i'll be sure to try and keep up over break :)

Vargas' class wasn't something that you actively wanted to avoid, but at times like this you wished your status as a student from a different world allowed you to be exempt from his course.

You normally didn't mind the kind of stuff that he'd put you through, because as strenuous it might be you were doing it alone.  This time, however, he'd had the bright idea of partnering you up into pairs and you were close to faking an injury to get out of it.

Epel, who'd perked up at the mention of your name and his name, gave you a smile and a wave. He feels his face warm up as you give him a smile and a wave back, although not as energetic as his.

He turned back to listen to Vargas give the instructions—each pair would help each other complete sets of different buddy workouts and if they finished, they'd be allowed to warm down and leave the class early—but his mind had begun to wander elsewhere. More specifically, his mind had wandered over to you.

It was obvious to everyone else—Vargas included—that Epel had taken a liking to you. The two of you didn't talk often, seeing as this was your only class together, but Epel definitely found you nice to hang out with. He'd even tried to impress you with what strength he had on the off chance that you happened to be looking his way, which resulted in him getting a lot of lectures from his seniors on biting off more than he could chew.

You, meanwhile, were much better at hiding how you felt. Externally, you were nodding at everything that Vargas said, keeping your eyes trained on him, but internally you were jumping around like a clown at the prospect of getting paired up by Epel. 

It wasn't noticeable to anyone else, with how little you spoke up about—well, anything, really—but you had developed a little crush on Epel. It wasn't much at first, just small glances that you'd shoot him when he was distracted, but you'd soon begun to notice the little things about him, like how much effort he put into every workout and how he never seemed to give up no matter how hard the task was, which drew your interest towards him.

You'd never had an in-depth conversation with him, only passing words, but now was your perfect chance to get to know him better and see if your attraction ran more than skin-deep. The only problem was that...you definitely weren't going to be the one to initiate any conversation.

You wave shyly as Epel approaches, wringing your hands nervously. Looking at him from afar is much, much  different than talking to him up close. He's still kind of sweaty from warm-ups and wipes the droplets away from his forehead, grinning brightly as he extends his hand towards you.

"Hey! I think we've seen each other around, but since we haven't really gotten to meet I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Epel Felmier. You're Ramshackle's prefect, right?" he asks, gripping your hand in a firm but gentle shake.