floyd x male!ftm!reader

synopsis: you like fl*yd, but you're scared to admit it to him because you're scared that he'll reject you for not being born a guy. after a talk with your friends, you finally decide to tell him

a/n: hello beootiful pipol. sorry its been so fuckin long lmfao ive been so mf busy but i plan to be a bit more consistent with these one-shots while i plan my longer stories

another a/n: i am so sorry it took this long for this fic. this is a note one month after the one above this. truly very sorry to keep you waiting, everything has been so bad around here but i'm glad i had a few minutes to write this one out. after finals, i'll make sure to try to at least start catching up on the rest of the requests—i am working on them, i promise, but at the moment there are 31 of these to finish, not including this current one. your patience means so much to me, thanks again for choosing my works to read :)

in case you feel the need to beat the fuck out of me, verbally harass me, or otherwise find my address and break into my place to hunt me down, here's my discord https://discord.gg/hBmDUMb5 where all of these things (and worse!) happen on the daily. its my favorite place ever<3

"You need to stop overcomplicating things."

If Ace wasn't so right, you would've thrown him a heavier glare. Instead, all you can manage is a mild look and an eye-roll. "Okay, well, you're not trans, so shut your trap."

Ace holds his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying! Telling him really won't be all that difficult! Look, the guy doesn't give a shit about anything that's not about giving other kids broken ribs, so why would he get upset over something like you not being born a guy? Besides, it's not like you're obligated to tell him. It's really not that big of a deal!"

"But it is to me," you say, exasperated. "It's a big part of my identity and it wouldn't be fair to him to not know. If he finds out that he's dating a guy who wasn't always a guy, how do you think he's gonna react? Oh, and that's even if he does wanna go out with me in the first place."

"If who wants to go out with you in the first place?" Deuce appears from seemingly nowhere, sending a quick startle through you as he sits down at your table. "You're not talking about—?"

"Yeah, it's about Floyd," gripes Ace from across the table. "Prefect here is making a big deal over telling him that he's trans." Deuce sighs but thankfully doesn't say anything, instead pushing his food around on his tray. He seems pensive for a moment, thinking about what he's going to say before he says it—something else that you're grateful for, because it means that he'll actually judge what's going to come out of his mouth.

"Well," he starts, pushing his food around his plate, "it's important to you, and if it's not something that you wanna go about hiding for the rest of your life around him, then tell him. Either way, Floyd has a way if getting into things—to be completely honest with you, he'd probably find out one way or another. He's not really a guy that you can hide stuff from, y'know?"

You sigh. He's right, Floyd has a way into getting into other people's business, whether they like it or not, and if he even agrees to going out with you there's no way he wouldn't pick up on the little signs immediately and draw conclusions before you work up the courage to tell him. And, honestly, you'd wanna tell him before you even ask him out; yes, you're friends with him, and yes the two of you have gotten significantly closer over the past few months, but the topic of being trans has never once come up and you still don't know how he'd react to it. Perhaps it really wouldn't be a big deal, like how Ace assumed it wouldn't be. But you're not naive—you've heard of all of the stories of how badly other people reacted when told the truth. People that used to care up until they suddenly didn't—no, you don't want to think about that right now.