leona x tomboy!reader

a/n: omg hiiiii im backkk (sorta)

Leona wasn't unused to headstrong women in his life. Growing up in Afterglow Savanna meant that he quickly learned how to keep his head down and his mouth shut and to let the women finish their thoughts before he decided to comment on them. Being a prince meant nothing to him if he didn't know how to treat women right, and although his first instinct was to always snap back and make a mess out of something small, he always toned it down whenever he was around girls.

Which was how you'd somehow managed to cajole him into a wrestling match with you and was now lying limp, pinned to the floor with your arms around his neck and your leg keeping one of his arms pressed to his back.

It wasn't a comfortable position by any means, and had it been anyone else Leona would have already ripped them a new asshole. But it's not anyone else, so Leona keeps his mouth shut and his body weak while you bask in your victory.

"Done already? C'mon, I know you've got more in you," you growl, jostling Leona's body a bit. Leona's jaw tightens but he doesn't try to rip himself out of your hold, staying pliable and still instead.

"You won. Game's over. What am I supposed to fight against?" he asks, looking over his shoulder at you. You grin, and something in his stomach starts to flutter. Even in this position, he can't help how badly he wants you to just keep him there if it means your hands don't leave him.

"Me," you say, as if it's that simple. "Now stop going so easy on me! I've seen you leave people looking like mushy fruit because they looked at you the wrong way, so stop pretending you don't know how to fight."

Once again, Leona doesn't do that. He waits until you get bored and move off of him to roll over onto his back, watching you huff and cross your arms.

"Well, you're no fun," you snip, giving him an unconvincing glare. "C'mon, I'll be fine!"

A dry laugh escapes Leona. "Yeah, I don't think so. C'mon, is there really nothing else more exciting than this? There's gotta be something."

You drop to the floor to sit next to him, letting your leg press up against his with absolutely no fear. In fact, it's Leona who's getting nervous—he's never touched a woman before without explicit consent from her, so when you don't move away from him and the heat from your skin starts to seep into his own, he only gets more antsy.

"Well, we could always go inside and...I dunno, what is there to do inside?" you ask, putting your chin in your hands.

"Not much, honestly."

"Oh." 

The two of you stay sitting outside under the heat of the sun for a while longer, simply thinking to yourselves. You seem to be fine, but the silence eventually becomes too much for Leona; he can't stop looking at you when your face is turned away, like he's trying to memorize what's in front of him.

The degree of fondness he felt towards you was much more obvious when the two of you were alone. He could let his guard down around you. Well, not completely, if his attitude was anything to go by, but no one could remember a single instance where he had ever been callous towards you—even the crude jokes were kept to a minimum when you were there.