crewel x assistant!gn!reader

synopsis: you've taken a job inside of NRC and are assigned to crewel to help him out with planning coursework and grading and such. crewel finds himself drifting closer and closer until the relationship the two of you share is far from professional, but he's not willing to admit it just yet. when a student decides to give it his best shot at asking you out, this man pulls an Um Aktchually and that's how everyone know not only not to ask the assistant out but that crewel is whipped for u

You didn't know what to expect when you walked into Night Raven College, but it certainly wasn't anything like this.

Professor Divus Crewel was the man you were assigned to shadow. Seeing as there were only three professors inside of the school, dealing with the work of hundreds of students at a time could get overwhelming very quickly. You were hired to take some of the workload off of Crewel, but judging from the number of students he taught every day, you know that unless you really work hard, you'll barely make a dent.

Either way, the two of you got along just fine. You were a bit struck by your first impression on him; passionate about his trade but not about the feelings of others, he came across a bit standoffish at first, though you soon learned that he kept his harsh attitude to keep his students from doing anything even remotely stupid.

You spent enough time around Crewel for him to start seeking you outside of your regular classroom activities. The two of you would walk around the school together, and even though each conversation started out about an academic subject, it would sooner or later veer off into a more personal talk that would later lead to the both of you staying out until it got late.

Other students had noticed how close you and Crewel had become, and you'd started hearing rumors about the two of you dating. They weren't true, but you certainly didn't mind thinking about it; you'd make a good pair, you suppose. It's not like you don't like him, either—you do, but you haven't gotten much of a chance to act on your attraction.

Crewel didn't seem to mind you staying after hours in his classroom as long as you didn't sidetrack him, which you were fine with because the quiet that settled between the both of you while you worked wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Tonight seemed to be one of those nights where both of you would stay late again. Crewel was sitting at his desk, holding up his head with one hand while he angrily scribbled on a student's assignment with the other.

"These children...I swear, it's like everything I say goes in one ear and out the other," he grumbles, scratching points off of the worksheet. "Absolutely no progress here."

You give him a half-hearted grin, just as weary as he is. "They'll get there soon, Divus. You're a good teacher, they just need to work a little harder. I can talk to some of them for you if it looks like they really need help," you say, watching Crewel's shoulders sag a bit.

"Yes, please. I'd appreciate that," he says, rubbing his eyes.

Hm, he looks pretty tired.  "Hey, do you want me to go make us some tea? I think we could both use a pick-me-up. Actually, lemme go make that right now, I'll be back in a second," you say, leaving your pens and stack of papers to escape for a little bit.