azul x mafiesque!gn!reader pt. 2

synopsis: this is just a continuation of the aftermath of the first part, not much plot here, just angst and the reader being a mean badass :)

tw: mention of substances, emotional manipulation, unhealthy relationships

a/n: some of the scenes in here might come off as suggestive and that was unintentional but y'know go crazy or whatever

Azul sits on your chair, glasses off, facing away from your vanity while you clean his face up.

He's still sniffling a little bit as you wipe away the blood on his lip. You'd expected something like this, seeing as how hard you were on him earlier, but it doesn't make you any softer. Maybe if he hadn't tried to ambush you just to win a date his face wouldn't be various shades of purple and red right now.

You spin him around in your chair to have him face the mirror. Azul flinches at the bruised-up sight of himself, looking uncomfortable and squirming in his seat. He tries to look away, but the second his eyes leave his reflection you grab his jaw, jerking it forward.

"No, I want you to look at yourself. See, none of this would've happened if you hadn't tried to do something so stupid. What the hell were you thinking, Azul?"

You can feel Azul start to shake underneath your grip. You smile at that. "Really, Azul, what made you think that was a good idea?"

"I—I don't—"

"Doesn't matter," you say, letting go of his jaw. "You went and did it anyways, and look at how that turned out." You slide his glasses onto his nose and give him an unkind smile, patting his head. "There we go. Good as new!"

You ruffle his hair a little bit, watching the gears turn in Azul's head as he debates whether or not he wants to lean into the touch. Before he can decide—or get too comfortable—you pull away completely, grabbing your phone and plopping down on your bed. You tap away at your phone, completely ignoring Azul, who's still in your room and looking more and more confused by the second.

"Um..." he starts, pulling your attention away from your screen.

"Yes?" you say, a little impatient when Azul pauses, looking like he's thinking about whether or not to say it.

"What, um, what happens now?" he asks without any of his usual energy. He's looking more nervous than ever and almost small  with the way his shoulders are hunched in and the way he won't meet your eyes.

"Hm...nothing."

Azul does look at you at that, eyes wide with surprise. "Wh-what? You're just gonna let me go?"

You laugh, genuinely amused. "No, stupid, I'm not gonna let you go.  You tried to hurt me, and where I'm from, that's a huge  no-no. I think the same rules still apply here, actually. I'm gonna give you a choice."

You walk over to where he's still sitting, turning him back around to face the mirror. He looks equally as uncomfortable as he did the first time you made him look at himself, but he relaxes as you put your hands on his shoulders, drawing little circles on the backs of them in mock comfort.