jade x fem!idol!reader

synopsis: you're going to perform at nrc and are allowed to walk around the campus during your stay. you meet jade. jade meets your two kids. he begins to realize that your life is a lot more difficult than he'd perceived it to be

a/n: this was requested to be kinda like oshi no ko however i didnt watch that so bear w me im making shit up in my head. also i let someone else choose the idol name bc i had zero ideas. i kind of imagined the mc being around the student's age too, however it can be read as any age i kept it a bit vague

You're not sure where you'd be without your stylist. She's a real sweetheart, helping you out with just about everything, including the ridiculous request to blend in with a sea of students. But she'd gone above and beyond with it, going so far as to walk around the center of the campus to gauge what others were wearing and help you into something that would allow you to lie low.

Now you're here, in the middle of a sea of stalls selling merch with your face and logo all over it, and nobody is giving you a second glance. It's refreshing, in a way, to be able to walk out in the open without everyone crowding around you every step of the way—you'd even managed to eek by without getting flanked on either side by any security, which is a refreshing change of pace. You love seeing people who enjoy your music, and you're so grateful for everything your fans have done to help you get this far, but you'd also like to keep your personal space—especially when you've got two kids tugging on either one of your hands.

You let them tug you from side to side, looking around while trying to find a gift to give to your stylist as a thanks for helping you out earlier, but you can't find anything that doesn't have your name stamped on it or that your stylist already wouldn't have. You'll treat her to a meal, then, and maybe some dessert if you can find anything that won't be found at the nearest convenience store.

You're pulled back out of your thoughts when your kids start pulling you in the same direction, having seen something that caught their attention simultaneously. You laugh as you see an ice cream stand near you, knowing exactly where they're trying to lead you. "No, no, you had cookies back in the trailer. C'mon, let's go somewhere else!"

You try to make it fun as you pull them away from the stand, promising better things while they whine and trod along at your insistence. Carting them from place to place isn't always easy, but you know you can't give into their every whim. You might be a big name, but you don't want your kids growing up spoiled, even if that means having to deal with two pouty four-year-olds dragging their feet as you try to distract them with other shiny stalls—you may be young, but you're determined to raise these two right.

"Hey, c'mon, there's a school tour going on! Do you guys wanna join?" You're trying to make it sound fun, but in all honesty the tour is more for you than for your kids. You've been wanting to get a peek inside of the famed NRC walls that stand before you forever, and now you're finally gonna get the chance—as long as the kids stop trying to pull you in different directions and cooperate for once. "It's, uh, it's a magic school! Isn't that fun? Wow, you guys are gonna have a great time!" They finally relent, letting you tug them towards the group of people close to walking through the doors just in time to join them.

The inside of the school is blessedly cooler than the outside. The kids seem to appreciate this, both flushed from being out in the sun for so long; you feel bad, having forgotten to bring along water for them. There's probably a water fountain in here somewhere, you think to yourself, quickly losing yourself in your surroundings. Everything here is so much more different than how you'd imagined it; the school rarely opens its doors to outsiders, and tours are as rare as anything, so you're trying to commit everything you see to memory. Even with your name and exposure, you doubt they'd let you in again if you asked. You're not a student, nor do you have any magical attributes, which just about closes all chances of being let in here again.