azul x mafiaesque!gn!reader

synopsis: the reader (prefect in this one) comes from a very crime-oriented background and azul takes a liking to them, unknowing of the fact. since he's nrc's resident italian mafia boss he keeps trying to get the prefect to go into debt so they'll accept a date as payment (bc no one ever does things normally here), but the prefect pulls a 180 and does the same thing to azul. he's not sure if he's mad or not

tw: violence, blood imagery, unhealthy relationships

because it's azul, i wanted to add in some of his self-deprecating side in so the reader can comfort and trash him at the same time :) since the prefect grew up in kind of a shady environment, they're not nice at all and azul gets to find this out intimately lmfao azul is kinda fucked in the head, too, bc i cant help making my stories weird asf

i do have to put it out there that while i like writing fucked-up relationships, i don't condone them. stay safe y'all

Azul knows that he's done some shady things in the past. He's smart, he's oriented, and he's organized—all of which make him dangerous to cross. When he's got a plan, he sticks to it no matter what he's got to do to make it happen. His new goal, however, has proved to be a lot tricker than the last one's he'd set his sights on.

His goal was you.

More specifically, a date with you. 

There's no way you'd say yes under normal circumstances. Even though Azul liked to pride himself in his social standing, he thinks that you're way  out of his league; having said so, he knows that he needs to enable different measures to get something so many others earned so easily.

That's why he's going to hire someone to beat you up so he can swoop in, save you, and blackmail you into a date.

It wasn't his first idea. No, his first idea was to have the twins kidnap you and bring you directly to him, but that would never work because them you wouldn't want  to go out with him.

Instead, by having him save you, you'd surely feel indebted to him and accept his proposal. Even if you somehow didn't want  to, you know that it would be rude to turn him down after how much he's done for you. It's wrong, and he knows  it's wrong, but he's rationalizing his actions by thinking that if he's  not the one directly doing you harm, then technically he's not doing anything truly bad.

The thing about Azul, however, is that he's in the habit of forgetting that other people are capable of also being intelligent.

And he's severely  underestimated your intelligence.

You didn't come from the cleanest background. You were a...special case, if it could even be called that. Before you'd been carted away to NRC, you would've inherited the large and successful "family business", so you were raised accordingly; that meant that you learned early on to pick up on behavioral cues and to twist other people's words until they gave up or until you got what you wanted.

So, when your sights landed on the Octavinelle dorm leader, you instantly knew that he would be nothing but trouble for you. And oh, you were right.