𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 . 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Quackity

Quackity.

    This couldn't possibly be real, this is how I meet her again? What if it wasn't her? Or what if it was? "Um, Quackity from Las Nevadas, are you alright?"

I remove the cigarette from my lips and uncross my legs, moving them off my desk to stare at Slime. "How'd you know something was up?" I ask him, pressing the cigarette back against my lips.

"You've had this grumpy look on your face ever since Sunday morning!" Slime smiles, pointing a finger in the air.

I roll my eyes. "Tch" I drop my cigarette in the ashtray. "Slime, tell me, what do you know about Frankie Lee?"

"Well, wouldn't you know?" He tilts his head to the side in confusion. "Aren't the two of you best frien--"

"No, no no" I cut him off, shaking my head and placing my hands on my desk. "We aren't, we never were" I unintentionally glare at Slime.

"Oh.. I'm sorry" He frowns, playing with his fingers. "I do know that she has a brother.."

"Ah! Yeah!" I smile at him, he proudly smiles back. "But do you know where she lives perhaps?"

"Quackity from Las Nevadas isn't that private information?" Slime straightens his posture.

I sigh, I stand up and cross my arms behind my back. "Come with me Slime" I walk past him and open the door, exiting my office.

"Wait for me Quackity from Las Nevadas!" He speeds after me.

"Slime, I know I've taught you a lot of things-- and I know I told you to trust no one but you can trust me with this information!" I place a hand on my chest, spinning on my heel and walking towards the bar as I stare at Slime.

"I know I trust you Quackity from Las Nevadas but your intentions seem.. wrong" He looks away from me nervously.

"My intentions? No!.. I have no intentions. I just want to talk with my old frie--" I stop myself and sit down on one of the bar stools.

"I thought she wasn't your friend?" Slime tilts his head so he can see my face, I spin the stool to face away from him.

"She wasn't.. never was" I chew the inside of my cheek, tapping my finger on the bar counter. "Slime, take care of the casino, I'm going out" I slap my hand on the counter.

"Oh-- alright Quackity from Las Nevadas!" He smiles and nods.

I push myself to my feet and walk to the front doors of the casino, pushing them open and walking down the steps, breathing in the sandy air.

I inhale and slowly breathe out. "Ahh--" I cough and hit my chest. "Fuck-- sand in my throat" I choke out.

~•~•~•~•~

    "Oh here we go" I sigh, Bad walks over to me and grins. "Hi Bad" I roll my eyes.

"Hm, hi Quackity" Bad giggles. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "Finally joining the egg? I can give you second chance.. even after you ruined the egg's banquet.."