𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 . 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

Frankie

Frankie.

     I hug myself, sitting against the walls with my knees against my chest and my arms crossed on top of them. There was blood on the floor and that's about as interesting as this room gets.

I sigh, hiding my face in my arms. Hopeless. On the first hand, I didn't want Punz to get hurt. On the second hand, I wanna beat his fucking face in.

I'm such a bad person.

I found myself muttering the words I once found stupid, the words that I never thought meant anything, the words Tommy taught me.

"It's a pretty big and a bit blown up--" Tommy stops when I drop all the carrots I've grown next to him, I had asked to plant his crops after learning how to do so from Phil.

"Tommy, why the fuck are you singing about a nation that's gone? You say a bit but it's literally gone-- right over there!" I point towards Lmanhole.

He shrugs, crouching down and picking up the carrots. "I.. I know it's gone.. but I like the song" He stands up, a small smile on his lips. "It gives me hope.. hope that nothing bad will happen to that destroyed country, it will continue to just be beautiful.. even if it's gone"

"I don't trust that, something bad always happens" I roll my eyes.

"Hey--! Hey, you can trust me! You know what they call me?" He points at himself with his thumb.

"What? What do they call you?"

"Tommy Trusty!" He beams.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "They don't call you that"

"They do! They do! You know what? Whatever! Let me just teach you the song!" He pats my shoulder.

"No way, I don't need some anthem stuck in my head" I cross my arms.

"Pleaaasse?" He pleads, I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Fine, but only the first verse"

"I heard there was a special place.." I mutter, embarrassed with myself. "Where men could go eman-- emancipate" I break down, Punz was never gonna come back, was he? After what just happened yesterday? "The brutality.. and tyranny of their rulers.." I go quiet, trying to remember what Tommy had taught me. "Well, this place is real, you needn't fret--" I get cut off by the sound of the platform moving, I quickly lift my head.

"Hello again Frankie from hell"

"Slime?" I smile. "Are you here to save me?" I place my hands on the ground next to me.