five

Trigger warnings are: blood (not the sexy kind), descriptions of violent crime scenes, and guns. 

"So much more was said in the unsaid."

-Bridgett Devoue

Elijah and Penelope laid in the bed for about another hour before deciding to take a shower. After getting dressed, Elijah showed her the rest of the upstairs before taking her outside. She was excited that there was a pool, she made a comment about swimming naked and Elijah quickly told her no. Of course she told him he could always join her, and he knew immediately what that meant. All he told her was a: "we'll see" but Penelope knew that was a yes. He never would tell her no if sex was involved.

"The apple orchard is beautiful..." Penelope gasped as she let go of Elijah's hand and started to walk down one of the aisles of apple trees. "Oh, I can't wait to pick apples in October!" Penelope smiled, looking over at him. "Could you imagine how delicious this year's apple pie will taste with freshly picked apples?!" Penelope's smile grew and Elijah chuckled.

"Have you thought about continuing your baking business?" He asked her curiously as he followed her through the orchard. Penelope shrugged.

"I don't know, I don't think so."

"Why not? You loved doing it," Elijah asked her, frowning. Penelope only shrugged in reply.

"Maybe I'll pick it up again after we've been here for a while,"

"Or," Elijah started as he placed his hands on her hips and kissed her neck gently. "You could open your own bakery in the quarter..." He suggested, but Penelope shook her head.

"I don't want to own a bakery," Penelope told him, turning to look at him. "I think it would be too much work, getting up early," Penelope shook her head. "I liked just taking a few orders and making them."

"I don't want you to give up something you seemed to love doing, Penelope."

"I won't give up baking," Penelope assured him. "I love it too much, I'll be baking here at home a lot but...until we start building a life here, I don't think I'll accept orders."

"You could still mail orders back home..." Elijah suggested and Penelope thought about it.

"Maybe... let's get settled first, and then we can talk about my baking, okay?" She asked him, and her voice made it obvious she didn't want to think about it. He wondered if it would be a sore subject for her, at least for a while... He knew she had accepted being here in New Orleans, and she was ready to make this their home, earlier had cemented that. However, Elijah knew it was going to take Penelope time to adjust to being somewhere completely new.

"Okay, darling." He whispered and kissed her forehead. "How about I take you out to get some lunch?" He offered and Penelope physically perked up at the idea. "How does jambalaya sound?" He asked, smiling and Penelope nodded.'

"Yes, please, I'm starving!" Penelope agreed as she took his hand. "Someone made me work up an appetite."

"I didn't hear you complaining," He retorted with a smirk growing on his lips, Penelope scoffed playfully at him as she moved his arm to drape over her shoulder and leaned into his side. When they walked back inside the house, Klaus was standing in the kitchen with his arms crossed and looking at them.

"Where have you two been?" He asked.

"We were outside, duh," Penelope answered him with a roll of her eyes, and Klaus only glared harder at her.