eighteen

"Having your wounds kissed by someone who doesn't see them as disasters in your soul, but cracks to put their love into, i the most calming thing in this world."

- Emery Allen

"Stop it!" Penelope screamed. "Please stop it!" Elijah's eyes snapped open and he sat up in bed, facing her. "It burns! Please!" She screamed as her back arched from the bed and her feet tried to push her off. Her arms stayed firmly still next to her as her head thrashed back and forth.

"Shh, Penelope, it's okay..." He whispered as he pushed some hair from her face. "Wake up, my love..." He said as he gently shook her. "It's just a dream-"

"It burns! Please...stop it!" She screamed and then a sob came from her lips.

"It's just a dream, Penelope...you're safe," He whispered as he rested his hand on her stomach, rubbing it softly with his thumb. "You're safe, Penelope..." He whispered in her ear. "Wake up, my love..."

"Please....it burns," Penelope cried out desperately. Elijah closed his eyes tightly as he rested his hand on her stomach and began rubbing it softly, hoping the soft motion would either ease her or wake her up. Minutes passed and Penelope's body had finally relaxed in the bed but her crying hadn't stopped.

"Penelope," He whispered gently and her eyes shot open as her breathing began to even out. She looked around her and saw Elijah next to her, looking at her with concern. She closed her eyes and hid her face in her hands as a sob came from her. Elijah pulled her into his arms and he held her tightly as she cried. "Shh, it's okay, it was only a dream, my love," He whispered as he ran his hands through her hair.

"I just want them to go away..." She cried quietly.

"I know, and I wish I could make them go away for you," He said soothingly.

"I saw it again," Penelope whispered a few minutes later once her crying had calmed down. "I saw her...and you again..." Elijah sighed deeply, closing his eyes and he held her tighter. "Every time I close my eyes for just a minute...all I see is you...with her...touching her, kissing her..." Elijah didn't know what else to say, he told her everything he could.

"Tell me," He whispered as he ran his hand down her back. "Tell me what you saw."
Penelope sniffled, hesitating on telling him. She knew what he was going to do, he was going to tell her how much he loved her and she already knew that. "Elijah...I know you love-"

"Tell me what you saw," He whispered to her firmly. Penelope closed her eyes and shook her head, not wanting to relive it. "Baby, trust me..." He kissed her forehead. "I want to help you."

"I don't want to see it again..."

"And after this you won't see it again, I promise." He whispered. Penelope didn't believe him, but he said the word promise, and he never went back on those.

"You... uh...you were..." She started slowly. "You were touching her..."

"Where?" Penelope shook her head. "Penelope... let me help you. Tell me where."

"Her thigh..." She whispered shakily. Elijah moved his hand to rest on her thigh, before he started to lightly rub his hand up, down and all around the front and back of her thigh.

"Like this?" He whispered and Penelope nodded slowly. "Am I touching her now?" He asked and Penelope shook her head no.

"But it feels....it feels the same-"

"Does it?" He asked calmly and Penelope looked up at him. "Does this feel like it did in that dream?" He asked her again and Penelope closed her eyes and focused on his touch. She felt his hand move up on the back of her thigh. His fingers grazed just under the curve of her butt where it and her thighs meet, before his hand lightly ran down the side of her thigh. She felt his hand move to the front and his fingers slipped under the hem of her shorts and grazed the cloth of her panties lightly before sliding down the inside of her thigh. He repeated the same motions, over and over again, all light touches just like he's always done with her. This was how he's always touched and rubbed her thighs when they weren't naked. "Does it feel the same, Penelope?" He asked her again in a softer voice.