forty

Shout out to bookish_cosmo

For giving me the idea for this chapter, I wouldn't have been able to write it with out you, bestie <3

"It's just, with you, I feel complete. Like I've loved you since before there was a now, before everything."

-unknown.

Penelope frowned in confusion as she continued to walk down the stairs. There was commotion coming from the living room, and she wondered what it could be. So when she walked into the living room she didn't expect to see Klaus and Max surrounded by wires and the TV pulled out from the wall. She looked at the two with bewilderment. Max sat on the floor with an instruction manual and some wires by him, and Klaus' top half was behind the TV.

"What HDMI output do I set this in?" Klaus asked and Max shrugged.

"An empty one?" He replied and Penelope tried not to laugh.

"The sass must be a Darling trait," Klaus muttered as he held out his hand. "Pass me the HDMI cable, duck," Klaus said as Max grabbed the AV cable and handed it to him, and Klaus frowned. "This isn't an HDMI cable."

"It doesn't come with an HDMI cable, it comes with those," Max answered, and the hybrid let out a long sigh and before fiddling with the cable and putting them into the TV.

"What are you guys doing?" Penny asked as she walked closer to them, resting her hands on her stomach then began to rub it softly. She usually loves rubbing her stomach, but her lounge wear she was wearing was so soft, she couldn't help but enjoy rubbing her stomach more. Max whipped his head to her and his eyes grew wide as if he was caught doing something he shouldn't have.

"Setting up the Wii," Klaus answered, coming from behind the TV, then he bent down and picked up the white Wii, hooked the AV cable to the back and placed it on the shelf near the TV that housed Penelope's DVD collection.

"...A Wii?" Penelope asked, looking from Klaus to Max, to Klaus again.

"Yes, a Wii," Klaus nodded.

"...Why do we have a Wii?"

"... Little Duck wanted to play Mario Kart."

"So did he!" Max cut in and Klaus glared at him to be quiet.

"He also thinks he could be me," Klaus added and Max nodded with a mischievous smirk and Penny nodded slowly while trying not to laugh.

"And you're trying to prove a eleven year old that you could beat him in a video game?"

"A driving video game," Klaus corrected her.

"...You realize that racing games are completely different then driving an actual car, right?" Penelope asked him and Klaus rolled his eyes.

"The same concept applies," Penelope and Max shared a look before the latter stood up from the floor and went to turn the TV on.

"Lets see if this even works."

"I know it works!" Klaus glared at Max, feeling offended that his ability to hook things up was being questioned.