fifty-three

"You're home!" Rebekah cried out as she engulfed Penelope in her arms, who laughed and held her best friend back. "Don't ever leave me alone with my two idiot brother's ever again!"

"You had Rose too!" Penelope told her, Rebekah still hadn't let go.

"She has a stupid job and couldn't be with me all day," The blonde pouted and Penelope sighed, patting Rebekah's back.

"Bex, I love you," Penelope started, still patting Rebekah's back as they stood in the foyer of the house. Elijah had already brought their bags in and to their room and was now making his way back down the stairs with an amused smile on his face. Penelope gave him a pleading look to get his sister off her. "But are you going to let me go?"

"No," She answered instantly. "Unless you're ready to show me all the presents you got me."

"...I didn't buy presents."

"You always buy presents!"

"Bex-"

"Are you just saying this because you only bought me and Rose something and no one else and you want to keep it a secret so no one else gets upset? Squeeze once for yes, and twice for no," Rebekah whispered and Penelope laughed.

"Rebekah, I didn't buy any presents," Penelope said seriously and Rebekah pulled away and gave her a disappointed look.

"You mean to tell me you went on a two week vacation, explored, and didn't even bother to bring back presents?" She asked, completely offended that she wasn't thought of. "You always bring back something to show where you've been!"

"Well, I didn't this time," Penelope told her and pulled away from Rebekah, then glared at Elijah who shrugged as he leaned against the bannister.

"Then how am I supposed to guess where you've been!?" She scoffed and Penelope rolled her eyes.

"The point, sister," Elijah spoke up from the stair case. "Of keeping our honeymoon location a secret was to make sure no one knew where we were."

"But no one bothered you!" She huffed, glaring at her brother, and Penelope bit back a grin as she looked at Elijah, who rolled his eyes.

"There are somethings, Rebekah, that I'd like to have with just my wife. I'm sorry if that upsets you," Elijah sighed and made his way to the bottom of the stairs and kissed Penelope's forehead, who smiled up at him.

"Ugh," Rebekah scoffed as she crossed her arms over her chest and pouted at them. "Fine, keep your honeymoon location a secret. But I'm stealing your wife for the rest of the evening."

"Bex, I've been traveling all afternoon-"

"Nope," The blond shook her head. "We are having a girls night, you, me and Rose, and we're going to have fun."

"...You realize I'm twenty-one weeks pregnant...right?" She asked and Rebekah nodded.

"It's going to be fun, the three of us! What are you craving?"

"Bex, I'm not really all that hungry. Elijah and I ate on our way home. It's been a really long day and I just want to lay down."

"But you just got home!" She whined and Penelope sighed.

"Bex...I've been up since six in the morning because of Damon Salvatore. I had to be around Elena-" Rebekah's eyes widened and her mouth open to speak but Penelope cut her off. "I've had to put my entire childhood in a storage unit this afternoon, and I've been in a stupid airplane, and in an airport all day. It's eight at night. My feet are swollen, I'm sleepy, I'm mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted, and I'm getting cranky. I want to go lay down in my bed with my husband, listen to my baby's heartbeat and fall asleep," She paused to catch her breath. "Tomorrow, I promise, you, Rose and I will have a girls evening. I will even bake whatever you so desire and we will talk and catch up and I will explain everything to you. Tomorrow," She finished with a pointed look and Rebekah let out a sigh of defeat, but she nodded anyway. "Okay...I love you, I'm happy to be home. Now goodnight," With that Penelope pulled away from Elijah and made her way upstairs.