sixty-seven

"Klaus if you do not go do something with yourself, I will stab you in the heart with this wooden spoon!" Penelope snapped as she held her brownie batter covered spoon up, pointing at him. Klaus held his hands up and stepped away cautiously. "I appreciate your help, but right now you're hovering like a little ol' Betty and it's driving me crazy! So either leave my kitchen or sit down somewhere and decorate something!" Klaus only nodded as he took a few steps back and sat down at the chair at the other end of the island bar. "Thank you," Penelope huffed then went back to mixing her brownie batter.

Klaus was starting to get on her last nerve. He had been hovering over her the last two days, hanging around where she was, watching T.V. with her, helping her in the kitchen with her baking. At first, she thought it was sweet, that he cared that much and was showing that he really was safe to be around but now she had enough. Now it was driving her crazy. The weather outside was warm and the muggy humidity only added ten extra degree's to that heat; then adding the heat of the ovens on top of her pregnancy, she was hot and she was feeling miserable. So having Klaus hovering around her was only making the heat bother her more because she felt as if she couldn't breathe.

She was hot, she was moody, and for the love all things holy if she had one more Braxton-hicks contraction she was going to break something. Penelope gripped the counter tightly as she took slow, deep breaths. All she wanted were some brownies. Nice, ooey, gooey, chocolatey, molten lava brownies. No, her baby decided she didn't need the brownies, and that it wanted to have stupid contractions instead, as if she wasn't already aware that the due date was in five days. When she felt the pain subside, she took another deep breath and started mix the brownie batter again.

"That's the fifth one," Klaus spoke up, and Penelope glared at him.

"No that's like my fiftieth one today."
"No, that's the fifth contraction you've had in the last hour."

"It's a Braxton-Hicks, they're like normal contractions, it's too early for me to have real ones."

"You've had five in the last hour, all around ten minutes apart."

"You're over thinking things, Klaus. I'm fine. The baby isn't due for another five days," She told him, glaring over at him. "Now, I need to finish these brownies because I'm hungry," Klaus only rolled his eyes but stayed silent as he continued to decorate the cookies that Penelope had finished earlier that morning when she wanted cookies.

She poured the batter into a baking pan and made sure it was all spread evenly when she groaned, clenching her eyes shut. She felt someone next to her and she grabbed their hand and began taking steady breaths. After about a minute, she felt the pain begin to subside, but now she had to go to the bathroom. Again. She was over it, and knew that next five days couldn't come soon enough.

"Penelope..." Klaus said, his voice soft but serious.

"Can you put the brownies in for me please, I have to pee. Again." She huffed as she tried to take her hand away but Klaus held onto it tighter.

"Penelope," he said firmer and she let out a long sigh, rolled her eyes dramatically as she looked at him. Then she noticed his eyes weren't on her, but he was looking down.

"What?

"Your water broke."

"What? No," She shook her head and looked down, but due to her bump she couldn't look at her feet. "It couldn't have..."

"Well unless you've lost all control of your bladder, then..." He retorted and she felt it.

"But..., I have five more days..."