sixty-six

Penelope gripped the toilet tightly as her chest heaved and she threw up for the third time that day. She didn't have time for this, she had a bunch of other more important things that needed to be done and not a lot of time left to do them! Oh God, she groaned mentally as she lurched forward when she felt bile rising in her throat again. The toilet flushed when there was a knock on the door and all Penelope did was grunt and the door opened.

"Nausea again?" Elijah asked softly as he crouched down beside her and rubbed her back. Penelope turned her head slowly and gave him an evil look.

"I thought I was past this!"

"The doctor did tell you that you could experience morning sickness again as the due date approaches," he reminded her as he stood up and held his hands out for her to take.

"I was hoping I'd be one of the women who don't experience it this late," She huffed as she took his hands and he helped her to her feet carefully before running the water in the sink. "I don't have time to have morning sickness right now."

"Darling you don't-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence Elijah Mikaelson!" Penelope narrowed her eyes at him before she began to wash her hands. "Have Kol and Klaus taken everything out of the cupboards?"

"Yes," he replied with a deep sigh.

"Okay, I'll grab my notebook and then we'll get started on reorganizing the kitchen."

"Do you think this is really necessary?" He asked as she started brushing her teeth and she glared at him through the mirror. Elijah rose his hands in surrender. "I'll meet you in the kitchen," he told her, pressing his lips on the top of her head before leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

When Penelope walked down stairs to the kitchen, she glared at Kol and Klaus who were both leaning against the wall on their phones. The counters were stacked to compacity with all of her kitchen appliances, dinnerware, glasses, as well as all the new baby stuff she has to reorganize. "Okay, boys, lets get to work!" Kol and Klaus groaned but Penelope clapped her hands again. "I've made a few diagrams on where I think things should go."

"Of course you did," Kol sighed and Penelope glared at him.

"Elijah!" She called.

"Kol, be nice," Elijah said from the kitchen door way and Penelope smiled at him.

"Ugh," Kol sighed but Penelope rolled her eyes.

"Lijah, have you baby proofed the cabinets and drawers yet?"

"...I was not aware that I needed to just yet..." Elijah frowned in confusion and Penelope rolled her eyes.

"Of course you do! Why did you think I got all the stuff!"

"...because you're you and you're prepared?"

"...No, I got them so you can start baby proofing the house!"

"Penelope, the baby isn't going to be crawling right away."

"So?"

"...so, there is no reason to start baby-proofing the house yet."

"..." Penelope narrowed her eyes at him and the two held eye contact for a moment; both Kol and Klaus looking between them wondering who was going to fold first. "Baby proof the house, Elijah," He sighed in defeat and pushed himself from the doorframe.