thirty-three

"Each time I thought I've felt all I could for you, there is more."

-Unknown

"Oh look at these!" Penelope gushed as she held up a pair of little, black converse shoes. "They are so cute!" Elijah chuckled as he watched her get excited over baby stuff. "We're gonna get them," She said as she grabbed a shoe box.

"Penelope, we don't even know if we're having a boy or a girl yet," Elijah reminded her, but Penelope shrugged her shoulders as she continued to look at the other baby shoes.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed excitedly then held up a pair of black baby oxfords. "Look at how stinking cute!" Elijah let out a sigh, but he couldn't help but smile at her and how excited she was looking at baby shoes. "Imagine our son wearing them with his little matching suit!" She continued to gush and he only smiled more. She was happy, and after the last week he was glad to see her more positive and happy again; she had been down ever since she watched that show and while she tried to appear to be alright, Elijah knew she wasn't. Penelope grabbed the shoe box and continued on her way.

"Penelope," Elijah said again with a sigh. "We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl yet."

"So?"

"So, don't you think we should wait and find out before buying all of this?" He asked, then he realized he was sounding like her.. how the tables have turned. Penelope narrowed her eyes at him from over her shoulder.

"No."

"No?" He asked, raising his brows in surprise. "What if we're having a girl, what are you going to do with all this boy stuff?"

"Save it. We'll already have it when we have a little boy," She shrugged as she walked down the aisle and towards the baby toys. Elijah blinked a few times, staring at her. She had a point.

Penelope smiled as she looked at the different types of baby toys, reaching for a soft rattle like toy when a stuffed animal caught her eyes. She walked over to the stuffed animals and reached for a soft, plush lion and she held it in her hands. She had seen it somewhere before, and while most stuffed lions looked the same, this one specifically stood out to her. She had seen this somewhere before, she had seen it in a dream, in multiple dreams; the dreams she had of her and Elijah, and their children.

"Darling?" Elijah called to her, resting his hand on the small of her back. Penelope leaned into him as she continued to look and hold the lion in her hands.

"Our son loves big cats," She whispered as she stroked the lion's furry mane.

"Hm?" Elijah frowned in confusion as he rubbed her back lightly.

"Remember when you first brought me to the house when we moved here?" She asked. "And I knew where our children's rooms were?"

"Yes," He answered as his other hand rested on her stomach.

"I said our son loves big cats," She reminded him and Elijah only nodded. "He had this exact stuffed animal."

"Penelope, it's a stuffed animal," He whispered. "They're mass produced."

"No," She shook her head, then looked up at him. "I know what I saw in my dreams, Elijah," She whispered to him. "Our son had this same exact stuffed animal in those dreams..."

"I know you think you saw the same toy," He started carefully. "And I know you have these feelings, but there's no way to know that this is his toy-"

"Have my feelings ever been wrong before?"

"Those were feelings, your intuition-"

"I was right about our room, I knew exactly where it was. I dreamt of that house for months Elijah! And then we move there?" Penelope looked at him as she shook her head. "I know it sounds crazy, and that I sound crazy but... this is his toy..." Elijah didn't say anything, he only let out a heavy sigh.