four

"Fire lived within his kiss, he had a way of melting every part of her."

-Christy Ann Martine

Elijah pulled up to an old plantation mansion that was bigger than the mansion in Mystic Falls. Penelope's mouth fell open at the sight of it, her breath was taken away from how beautiful it was. "This is the house?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper. Elijah put the car in park and smiled at her, reaching over and playing with her hair, twirling a lock of her brown hair around his finger.

"Yes," He answered softly.

"It's beautiful..." Penelope whispered. "I can't, well no, I can believe you own this. Of course this is your house here..."

"It's our house," Elijah corrected her and Penelope turned to look at him with her eyes wide and her mouth open in surprise. "What is mine, is yours too Penelope." Penelope felt herself smile at his words. "Would you like a tour?" He asked, and Penelope eagerly nodded her head. Elijah chuckled and leaned over the center console and kissed her before he got out of the car. Opening up her door for her, Penelope slid out of the passenger side and grabbed her purse. Elijah took her hand and guided her to the front door, he took the key to the house and unlocked it. "Niklaus says it still needs to be cleaned, probably from dust," He told her and Penelope rolled her eyes.

"I can do that," She said, Elijah went to protest but she pulled him down for a kiss, to which he moaned softly. "It'll keep me busy," She told him. Elijah didn't say anything else, instead he opened up the door for her and she quickly turned around to step into the mansion. Penelope pushed the door open more and took a step inside, Elijah right behind her. He turned on the light for the foyer and Penelope gasped as she looked around. The floor was a dark wood that matched the stairs and the banisters. It was lightly furnished with a small round table, two stands against the walls. She looked around her, and she felt something get caught in her throat.

This was the house... The house from her dreams. This was the house from the dreams she would have about her and Elijah. The same dreams she would have of them chasing after two little children down the stairs. Penelope felt Elijah take her hand and started to guide her through the house, showing her each room, half the rooms had sheets covering the furniture but Penelope didn't need to see the furniture to know what the room was. When he showed her the kitchen, she sucked in a breath. The kitchen was big, it was bigger than the one at the mansion in Mystic Falls. "Let me show you upstairs," He whispered in her ear as he began guiding her from the kitchen to the stairs from behind. Elijah opened a door to a room with a piano and was about to show her but Penelope walked past him and down the hall. "Penelope?" He called to her with confusion.

Penelope opened up a door on the right and walked in. It was empty, it had a bed frame and cloth covered furniture. Her eyes widened as she looked at the room, picturing the room a pale pink with paintings of a castle on the wall with a little canopy princess bed. "Penelope?" Elijah called for her again as he leaned against the door frame.

"This is our daughter's room..." Penelope whispered, turning around to look at Elijah. He frowned his eyebrows in confusion, not understanding what she was talking about. "This room, this is going to be our daughter's bedroom. She's going to have a princess bed, and her walls will be pink with a castle painted on this wall," She started, pointing at the wall to Elijah's left. "You lay in bed with her every night reading her bed time story until she falls asleep, then you tuck her in.," Penelope told him, tears filling her eyes and Elijah gave her a small smile. She walked out of the room, past him, and opened up the door to the other room across the hall. She looked around and it was almost identical to the previous room.