twenty [elijah]

"Love means you'll be there when they need you, no matter what, regardless of how hard things get."

- unknown

"Niklaus, what are you doing?" Elijah asked as he stood in the doorway of the living room and the foyer, watching as his brother picked up a large rectangular box and began to walk up the stairs.

"It's a surprise."

"You've been telling us it's a surprise for the last two weeks!" He replied as he went to follow his brother up the stairs. "What is it really?"

"Why do you all want to know so badly?" Klaus asked as he set the box down on the top of the stairs and looked at his older brother with annoyance. "Why can't I just have my project?"

"Because your projects end up in someone dying or one of us being daggered for God knows how long," Elijah retorted with a glare. "Now, tell me what you're doing-"

"I don't have to tell you anything," Klaus cut him off as he picked up the box again with ease and began to make his way down the hall toward the room he's been locked up in.

"Niklaus!" Elijah sighed in aggravation as he followed after him. Klaus quickly shut the door and locked it before Elijah could open it. "You know just as well as I that a locked door won't keep us out. I could just break it down!"

"Then you would have to replace the door, and that means replacing all of the doors!" Klaus retorted.

"Damn the door, Niklaus!" Elijah snapped. "Open it up or I'll break it down!"

"No you won't! You're too honorable to invade someone's privacy! And Penelope would be upset you had replace the doors!" Elijah glared at the dark wood door and banged on it out of anger before stalking away. He was right, Penelope would be upset at him if he broke one door and had to replace them all. She liked the doors. He went back downstairs and noticed Kol bent over a laptop with a large binder open beside him.

"And what is it that you're doing?" Elijah asked, starting to feel annoyed that his brother's were both engaged in something else.

"Research, brother," Kol answered as he continued to type on the laptop.

"Researching what?"

"You and Penelope," He answered blandly. "It's amazing what you can find on the internet these days. Witches really aren't that sneaky as they once were," He started, pausing to glance up at his brother. "There are message boards and forums now for witches asking for information. Some of them you have to prove you are a witch but with someone like us-"

"With unlimited access to grimoires'," Elijah said, and Kol nodded.

"It makes it easy for me to get access too. Just have to show a picture of a spell from a grimoire and I'm in. I've found a lot of information and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of doing this earlier. Penny-love would approve of this method more, even though mine was far more fun."

"She's still-"

"Human," Both men said, Kol nodded. "I know," Kol sighed as he copied and pasted something from a web page and onto a document. "However, I've been able to find some juicy information."

"And that is?"

"Oh, I can't tell you," Kol answered as he shook his head. Elijah blinked.

"Excuse me?"

"I can't tell you this information. At least not yet, I have to tell Penny first."

"You can't tell me information about me and Penelope that you found from the information I gave you?" Elijah asked and Kol nodded as he began typing again.