sixty-five

"Why are you baking?" Klaus asked as he sat up straight to grab the next tray of cookies to be decorated.

"Because I like it, duh," Penelope replied, rolling her eyes, as she started to scoop the cupcake batter.

"Yes, I understand, but why are you making this many things?"

"It's for the baby shower, duh."

"Oh, right, silly me," Klaus rolled his eyes, "I didn't realize you needed a million desserts for a baby shower that only has four guests, three of which are vampires," Penelope glared at him as she finished scooping the batter before going onto the next set of cupcake pans. "Are you and Elijah even going to announce what you're having?"

"Nope," She shook her head.

"And how are we supposed to get accurate gifts if we don't know what you're having."

"We will love whatever gifts we receive," She replied with a smile and Klaus glared at her. "And whatever stuff we get that doesn't match what we're having, we'll save for the next baby."

"That's not how this works, Penny."

"My baby, my rules."

Klaus was about to say something when the back door opened and Rose stepped into the house, closing the door behind her. "Don't you know that it's illegal to enter a home without permission," he greeted and Rose rolled her eyes.

"Not if there's probable cause."

"And what probable cause could you have?"

"You're the probable cause," Rose replied dryly and Penelope started coughing, trying to hide the laugh. Klaus glared at her, then at Rose.

"We need to make sure that all the doors are locked at all times," he commented.

"I have a key," Rose added, holding up her keys for him to see.

"Since when did you have a key?"

"I gave her one," Penelope spoke up as she opened the oven.

"I vote to revoke her key privileges."
"Oh please, stop being dramatic," Rose rolled her eyes as she reached for a cookie but Klaus slapped her hand.

"These are for the party and they're not ready yet," Klaus scolded. Rose scoffed and reached for an undecorated cookie but then Penny slaps her hand away.

"Those are for the party tomorrow! You can have them then."

"Ugh, you Mikaelsons are so mean," Rose pouted.

--

"I thought that baby showers were for the women," Kol scoffed, crossing his arms as he looked at the mountain of gifts that Rebekah had bought and wrapped. Rebekah, Rose and Penelope turned their heads to him and gave him glares so cold, he even felt the chills run up his spine.

"We're in the Twenty-first century, little brother," Klaus smirked, resting a hand on Kol's shoulders, giving it one more pat. "Get with the times," he added as he went to place the large tray of baby blue and pink cookies on the table.

"Oooh, cookies!" Rose exclaimed excitedly as she reached for one but Penelope slapped her hand. "Hey!"

"The party hasn't started yet, you can wait a few more minutes."