thirty-six

"Love is wholesome, unselfish, authentic, and wants nothing in return other than someone's happiness and well being."

-Unknown

"What letter are we on again?" Penelope asked as Elijah pulled out of the driveway.

"I believe we are on 'H'," He answered.

"And so far our yes's are: Aiden, Dominick, Erik, Fred, Graha-"

"Penelope, we are not naming our son Fred."

"But-"

"No."

"But Elijah!" Penelope whined playfully as she reached over, resting her hand high up on his thigh.

"Do not 'but Elijah' me, Penelope," He glanced at her with narrowed eyes. "And don't play your little dirty games either," He added and she pouted. "I am not having my son's name be Fred."

"What's wrong with Fred!" Elijah only gave her a dry look before focusing back on the road. "What?! I like the name Fred."

"Of course you do," He teased but Penelope only narrowed her eyes at him. "We're on the letter 'H', aren't we?" He asked, redirecting her attention to names. Penelope 'humph'ed as she looked down at her phone and started listing all the names on the H list.

"Hamish?"

"No."

"Hans?"

"No."

"Harlow?"

"No."

"Harold! Oh Harry!" Penelope exclaimed excitedly.

"Absolutely not," He replied and Penelope pouted.

"Harrison?"

"...Perhaps."

"You like Harrison instead of Harry?" Penelope scoffed. "I'd just call him Harry anyway."

"...Absolutely not," He replied, narrowing his eyes at her playfully before turning back to the road.

"Harvey?"

"...I love our son," He said and Penelope laughed loudly.

"Oh, this one! Hashtag!"

"...I...have no words." Elijah replied and Penelope's giggles only grew before she started continuing down the list.

"Oh, what about Hayden?"

"It isn't terrible."

"So a maybe?"

"Perhaps."

"Ugh," Penelope rolled her eyes. "Heath?"

"Isn't that the candy bar you had me buy so you can make some kind of cookie?" Elijah asked and Penelope nodded. "No."

"Hector?"

"Absolutely not," Penelope rolled her eyes again at him as she continued down the list, and each one Elijah had said no too. She was about to say the next name when she realized what it was, then looked at the one underneath it. She adored the name, but she didn't know how Elijah would feel about it since he never spoke of his youngest brother.

"Henry," Penelope suggested softly, looking over at him with a small smile. Elijah sucked in a breath and gripped the stirring wheel of Klaus' SUV (They were borrowing it to pick up Penelope's father, Emily and Max as it had more room). Penelope bit her bottom lip as she looked at him as he slowed to a stop at a red light then he turned to look at her with a small smile.