forty-one

A/N: the attached picture is of what Penny's dress towards the end of the chapter looks like~ :)

"I don't think anyone is ever ready, but when someone makes you feel alive again it's kind of worth the risk."

- Nikki Rowe

"Sooo," Penelope started as she slipped Elijah's tie around his neck and made sure it was the right length.

"So?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her. It wasn't often that she took charge and helped him get ready, but when she did, Elijah loved it.

"Us girls are having a girls day," She started and Elijah nodded.

"I'm well aware."

"We're going dress shopping because I need to find a wedding dress..." She said and he nodded.

"That is important," He replied with a smile and she laughed while nodding.

"But we're also thinking of doing brunch," She started and he nodded. "And some more shopping," He continued to nod as she slowly began tying his tie. "We may go to a spa or a salon...you know, girl day stuff, and pamper and relax..." She continued as she looped his tie and began to tighten it.

"As you should, you deserve it," He reminded her with a smile.

"We were also thinking of...you know...maybe going out tonight," She whispered as she straightened his tie and his eyebrow rose. "To you know...a male strip club," She finished.

"Absolute not," He shook his head and Penelope bit her lips to keep from smiling.

"Its like...a bachelorette party kind of thing," She started with a smile and his eyes narrowed at her, and she tried not to laugh when she heard the quietest growl of disapproval come from him. "I won't really be participating in anything really... since I'm pregnant but the others will-" Penelope was cut off by Elijah pressing her into the dresser.

"Absolutely. Fucking. Not." Elijah growled deeply as he gripped her hips tightly, towering over her. Penelope gasped quietly as she stared up at him with wide eyes and she began to feel pulsing between her legs. "My cock is the only one you can look at," He hissed and Penelope continued to stare at him.

"It isn't like they get fully naked..." She whispered and he gripped her hips harder. She gasped and looked down at how close they were. Even with his firm grip on her hips, his body pressing her into the dresser, he was still so mindful of her bump and the baby, and it only made the pulsing between her legs grow.

"I am the only man you look at," He told her through clenched teeth. He let go of one hip and tilted her chin up to look at him. "Do you understand?" He asked, and the dark look in his eyes took her breath away and she only nodded. "Words, little doe..."

"Yes, sir..." She whispered.

"Good girl," He smirked and kissed her forehead then released her other hip. He pulled away and leaned down, giving her a quick kiss. Penelope relaxed against the dresser, letting her heart slow down as she moved her hair from her neck. She was beginning to grow a little warm, and from the smirk on his face, Penelope knew Elijah knew. She fanned herself for a few seconds before went back to fixing his tie, as it was still a little crooked.

"There was no strip club plans," She whispered with a smile and Elijah frowned in confusion.

"You lied?" He asked lightly.