sixty

Everyone knew that Elijah and Penelope had a fight. No one was home during the fight, but the moment when someone would come home, they could feel the tension in the house. So, they all left again, leaving the house to Penelope and Elijah.

Penelope sighed as she looked at the time. It's been hours since her fight with Elijah, and she's been restless since. She managed to finish her cakes, and the cookies. Her and Max will have to decorate them and make the spiced sugar cookies tomorrow. Turning off her kindle, she placed it on the coffee table and wobbled herself from the couch and made her way to Elijah's study. She hasn't heard the door open or close at all since he slammed it shut earlier. She paused outside his door and took a deep breath before gently tapping the door with her knuckles. When she didn't get a response right away, she opened the door slowly and peeked her head inside, looking at him timidly. He wasn't sitting at his desk, like she usually saw him, instead he was leaning against the window, looking outside into the night while nursing a glass of amber liquid. His expression was dark and angry; it stirred a mix of emotions within her. One of which, she silently cursed at. She should not be turned on right now.

"Have you calmed down?" She asked softly and he nodded; she took this as a good sign that she could come in. Neither spoke, they stood there in tense silence: Penelope rubbing her stomach out of comfort, and Elijah took a sip of his drink.

"Why Kol?" He asked quietly. She frowned as she looked at him, confused on why he would ask her that.

"He was helping me with baking and Leo kicked really hard-" She frowned, shaking her head. "I would've had anyone feel the baby-"

"No," Elijah cut her off, shaking his head. "Not, not that, I don't care about that."

"Then why did you ask?"

"Why did you go to Kol about us?" He asked, his voice was quieter, almost softer and pained. Her brows frowned as she looked at him, still confused. "Why did you go to Kol about us, about our bond, about the blood sharing, about your feelings."

"'Lijah," She sighed. "I told you why, I got a bad feeling when I thought about you asking around about us."

"And the blood sharing? Why didn't come to me about that?"

"A part of me felt like it had to do with what we are... and then you'd go looking for answers and that horrible feeling came again."

"But why Kol?" Elijah asked, turning to look at her; and the vulnerability in his gaze made Penelope's heart fall in her chest.

"Elijah...what's wrong?" She asked him softly.

"Why is your relationship with Kol so...different?"

"He's my friend Elijah," She answered, blinking but Elijah shook his head.

"No, your relatinship is different with him. It's... it's deeper," He took another drink, this time downing it completely before pouring himself another glass.

"Are you," She blinked, confused, "are you jealous of my friendship with your brother?" She asked and when Elijah didn't respond with words and took a sip instead, she scoffed out a laugh. "Oh my God, you are!"

"How can I not be?" He turned to her with narrowed eyes. "How can I not be jealous of my younger brother when you...when my wife is more comfortable going to him about things than me."

"I'm more comfortable going to Bex about certain things than you, are you going to be jealous of her too?!"

"This is different," He glared and she shook her head.